UA Acceptance Letter

<p>Hello All! My name is Kenzi, and I submitted a transfer application for Jan. 2012 a few weeks ago. I was in contact with the admissions counselor at UA and she said she was attempting to get an early decision for me (because I’m from OR and moving across the country in 3 weeks would be difficult.) I’ve been waiting nervously by my computer awaiting any sign of their decision. So far my “MyBama” application status says they recieved my transcript, however they “Status” portion in the bottom right hand corner is blank.
Anywayssss, my questions are: Will they mail or email my my acceptance/ rejection (I didn’t know because they’re trying to hurry with me)?
How long does a decision usually take (from prior experience)?
and lastly, what does that little status box on my application preview mean? will it tell my accepted/denied or is it just there to get at my nerves?</p>

<p>Thank you all so much! (:</p>

<p>Okay, I was also in touch with an admissions officer (freshman) but the counselor e-mailed me first and a few days later I received an actual letter. It didn’t take more than a week to ten days. Don’t think they tell you your status online.</p>

<p>I don’t know if it’s different for transfer apps, but for freshmen admission, you can tell you’re accepted when new links pop up on MyBama.</p>

<p>Thank you so much(:</p>

<p>HI and welcome.</p>

<p>Have you checked mybama to see if any new links appear?</p>

<p>The holidays are over and everyone has just returned to campus but when in doubt call, call, call. First contact your admissions counselor, politely remind her of your situation and check your status. If you can’t get in touch with your counselor, here is the contact information for undergraduate admissions: [Contact</a> Information - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/contact/]Contact”>http://gobama.ua.edu/contact/) </p>

<p>Good Luck!!</p>

<p>mom2collegekids, Yes I have and so far nothing.
robotldmom, thank you I will.
I know I exceed all the requirements it’s just the waiting that’s really daunting. It will already be difficult to move in a month if I’m accepted, and the longer it takes the more my time cushion begins to disappear.</p>