UA Admin Takes Away Bloc Seating from 20 Student Groups for Leaving Game Early

<p>[Some</a> Alabama students losing football seating privileges after leaving games early - SBNation.com](<a href=“http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/10/25/5029312/alabama-football-student-seating]Some”>http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/10/25/5029312/alabama-football-student-seating)</p>

<p>Mostly Frats. I think this is a great first step by the admin to nip the leaving early thing in the bud. For this weekend’s game against Tennessee, students will be able to sit where these student organizations previously had bloc seating.</p>

<p>While it’s amazing to have a team that wins, there’s not much to watch when the game is a blow-out. I guess I don’t blame the kids for leaving. But I also don’t blame the administration for taking away bloc seats if they’re not going to be used.</p>

<p>I saw Coach Saban talking about this on ESPN this morning. My son has been donating his tickets all year. I think he’s only gone to one game, and did stay the whole time. I wish they’d take away the block seating for the LSU game so kids will be able to find seats. I’m hoping son will be able to actually go to that game and find a seat.</p>

<p>[The</a> Crimson White | SGA temporarily suspends block seating for 20 organizations](<a href=“Announcements for 7/22/2010 - The Crimson White”>Announcements for 7/22/2010 - The Crimson White) This is temporary. If the student groups leave early a second time, they lose their bloc seating the rest of the season.</p>

<p>I know my daughter left the game after the half BUT she did not want to! She said the upper deck in a silk dress at night was not the smartest choice and was freezing. She hated to leave since she was having a great time at a great game. I wish that the freshmen could come down to the lower student section as the seats empty. I know she will be bringing a jacket with her tomorrow!!</p>

<p>Well if they are already suspended how is it temporary?</p>

<p>Here is my take on this:
Allow the students to buy FULL SEASON TICKETS! You buy your package before the school year even starts. You buy Pkg A and then the friends you make once you arrive on campus ended up buying Pkg B. So you go to the game with a few people that you kind of know but are not sitting with any of your friends. Your friends are somewhere watching the game and having a great time. So after a certain time you skip out and go hangout with your friends to watch the rest of the game. </p>

<p>Is there enough space for every student to have a full season ticket package? No. But there are many students that do not wish to attend a single game so they won’t be buying them. Then you start with seniority. The more credit hours you have allows you the option to buy in for a full season ticket pass. Will there be freshman that will not be able to? Sure. But other schools that are just as big if not larger than UA have the ability for their students to buy a full season ticket pass. You could still allow bloc seating so that groups can be together in the stands and then the group that is there are friends and are at EVERY GAME! Then they are more likely to stay for the entire game if all of their friends are there and not partying elsewhere watching the game. </p>

<p>Just my .02</p>

<p>the block seating that is usually vacated early is occupied by the fraternities. so they ARE sitting with their friends.</p>

<p>honestly, i would have left last weeks game early, too.</p>

<p>but this is not a problem that only occurred last week. it happens all the time.</p>

<p>as i have said before, i think they should just do away with block seating altogether and either go to a ticket pull system or just general admission student seating.</p>

<p>I know schools that do the ticket pulls and the ones that want to sit together go all together to get in line to get tickets by each other. I’m for that! But, still needs to be a full season pass and not just a Pkg A or B.</p>

<p>TxNCM, the half ticket package is only for freshman. I don’t think that’s such a bad idea with everything to get used in that first semester transition. They should be able to get donated tickets to most every other game anyway if they opt in right when that opens.</p>

<p>idk if students at other schools can get full seasons or only half seasons. probably some of both.</p>

<p>to allow all freshmen to get full seasons would be an additional 4000 student tickets.</p>

<p>i imagine that freshmen used to get full seasons and that they probably just changed it to half seasons in the recent past.</p>

<p>they could raise the price of the tickets for all to cover the regular cost of the additional 4000 tickets. are student tickets still $5? or did they raise it to $10? that probably also has something to do with it. students didn’t pay much for their tickets, so they are not as inclined to stay as if their tickets actually cost them something significant.</p>

<p>yes, it is nice that student tickets are cheap, but i am not sure it is getting them the results that they want.</p>

<p>at some other schools, student tickets are half the cost of a regular ticket. that seems reasonable to me.</p>

<p>My S is a freshman who bought the pkg with the LSU game included. $10 per ticket I think. He has received a ticket to every “non-package” home game thru the opt in by registering right at the deadline. He loves the games and stays for every snap. And he is the Bama fan of the week for today’s TN game and is supposed to be recognized on the field during the first time out !!! He is going to have a blast - Just wish we could see it.</p>

<p>Last year my then freshman son bought group A tickets but was able to get to every game (except Auburn) with donated tickets. Last year the tickets were $5 per game. This year they are $10 - still a bargain! I like the way that Alabama handles the ticket process.</p>

<p>This was just discussed by the CBS crew on air.</p>

<p>Wow, nc2. Awesome!</p>

<p>S reports another awesome win and that the lower bowl student section was reasonably full for the whole game. Says the stadium looks even bigger from the field. Got a Mark Ingram jersey signed by Ingram and Coach Saban. Nice swag. RTR</p>

<p>Very Cool NC2, he’ll never forget that!</p>

<p>The kids were good tonight. They stayed.</p>

<p>I sent D a link to the story on the block seating and she responded back with, “everyone was too scared to leave”</p>

<p>Nice late game TV shot of full stands, with Captain Crimson holding a “We’re Still Here” sign.</p>