UA among leaders in yield

<p>[National</a> Universities Where Most Accepted Students Enroll - US News and World Report](<a href=“http://www.usnews.com/education/best-colleges/articles/2013/01/28/national-universities-where-most-accepted-students-enroll]National”>http://www.usnews.com/education/best-colleges/articles/2013/01/28/national-universities-where-most-accepted-students-enroll)</p>

<p>UA ranked #13 among all universities in having admitted students actually enroll.</p>

<p>Enroll Tide! :D</p>

<p>^^^good one^^^</p>

<p>LOVE it! EnROLL Tide, indeed!</p>

<p>This is really impressive. UA does an excellent job of courting students and parents alike. That marketing effort does build a good relationship, and it shows in this statistic.</p>

<p>Enroll Tide…why didn’t I think of that?</p>

<p>In case anyone is interested to see, UA’s yield this year for my d’s HS was 30%.
Not too bad for a faraway state university.
I suspect Alabama’s merit policies had something to do with that.</p>

<p>Better yield than Maryland’s (which is much, much closer).
But not as high as UDel or West Virginia.</p>

<p>(100% yields for BYU and Duke, btw.)</p>

<p>that IS impressive. It is hard to beat the scholarships they have been offering and even though I’m looking all over the country at schools, I haven’t seen a deal that matches UA’s when considering their national ranking. </p>

<p>I think their dorms are a strong selling point too. I have not visited yet but a few girls from our town have told us about how awesome they are.</p>

<p>This weekend I attended a grad party of a friend of my daughter who applied to UA but did not get the scholarships needed for her to attend. In the end, she opted for U of Michigan (instate), but her mom told me that of all the Universities her daughter was accepted, Alabama was the best at “recruiting” her daughter. Obviously, as a parent whose daughter is attending UA in the Fall, I know what a great job UA does, but it was great to hear that against schools such as Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Michigan State, Alabama did the best job of making her daughter feel wanted. I was very happy to hear that someone who ultimately chose elsewhere felt that way. </p>

<p>Incidentally, the previous day I met a guidance counselor from a neighboring school and “informed” her about UA. It makes me a little mad that some guidance counselors have no idea about the opportunities that UA offers! I am trying to make it my job to enlighten the uninformed!</p>