UA App

<p>Does anyone know if the UA app has the capability of working like the maps function on an iPhone? Can I use it to figure out how to get somewhere? Does it have turn by turn directions? I have NO sense of direction and I was hoping I could pretend to be reading my texts while it tells me how to get to class.</p>

<p>We asked at the desk when we were there last weekend if the interactive map functioned as a GPS and were told no. I was able to use the map app on my android to get walking directions to buildings but the directions were not always the best route - in one case, it wanted me to go down and around one long street rather than just cross the road. I think you are better off looking at the campus map on paper and highlighting the route you should take. If you don’t want to be seen looking at a piece of paper, type the notes into your phone.</p>

<p>Once you’re on campus, do what is suggested above. Walk your classes a couple of times before classes start.</p>

<p>You’ll naturally start using certain landmarks to guide you…like the Quad, or Denny Chimes or whatever.</p>

<p>What is your major? What bldgs are your classes in?</p>

<p>Okay, I’ll type the directions into my phone. I didn’t think of that! I’m a business major and in the HC. I have classes in Paty, Bidgood, Alston, Llyod, and Nott.</p>