UA BamaBound Reg is UP!

<p>Get going, people! :)</p>

<p>To register for UA’s BamaBound, you will need to enter through your/student’s myBama account…(the actual ‘Orientation’ webpage cannot/will not register you at this time - not sure if that might work in future or not). Click on Academics tab…look down left-hand side for “Orientation Registration”. Fees are NOT refundable…but you can apparently change dates if a conflict arises later.</p>

<p>I hope everyone gets the time slots that they want/need…and my son and I hope to meet many of you once we get there. As a parent, I’m staying in the dorms for housing to be ‘in the thick of it’ so to speak.</p>

<p>Best of luck, everyone.</p>

<p>Just registered for 31 May - 1 Jun - Incoming Daughter plus Mom/Dad for parent orientation – Sibling orientation form to be mailed… RTR!!!</p>

<p>Just registered son for late honors (7/9-7/10) and his sibling (rising freshman sister). I sure hope he will get all of his needed classes by going this late :)</p>

<p>Question for the veterans here. What do they do with the siblings for housing? do they stay in the dorm with the parent?</p>

<p>Thank you aeromom! Son is registered for the June 11-12 session. I booked the hotel the minute the dates were released and thankfully I was able to get the BamaBound dates we wanted. Hurray!!!</p>

<p>We are heading down to Tuscaloosa in two weeks to meet with an academic adviser and to tour the campus. My son and hubby saw the campus last year but I didn’t get to go (guy weekend), I’m so excited to be able to see it for myself and to escape Chicago for a few days. We were supposed to do this in January but as luck would have it the day we were set to fly out of here we had the first snowstorm of the year and our flight was cancelled. </p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Crimson,
Yes, if you paid for your family to stay in the dorms the student stays in North tower and the parents and siblings stay in the South tower.</p>

<p>Don’t worry too much about getting the classes…they set aside seats for the different BB dates. Have fun!</p>

<p>For those of us who are not attending, will we be able to purchase shuttles for our kids? We are going to save a visit and use it in the fall after she has been there for a month or so and can use some parental time.</p>

<p>We are registered for Honors 5/31 to 6/1. We are coming from Chicago and are really looking forward to staying in the dorms too. Figure it will give us a chance to just hang out a little and enjoy the campus. Flying in day prior and leaving on the 2nd.</p>

<p>Can’t believe that this is all happening so fast…this is my ‘baby’ and it’s gonna be tough.</p>

<p>I REALLY wish my D would make up her mind about where she’s going next year. I want to be able to jump on stuff like this and AA/OA. She’s waiting to hear about CBH, which makes sense, but I just want it done.</p>

<p>Have fun everyone! I stayed in the dorm last year at BB and met my new best friend.
RTR!!</p>

<p>Although my kid says he’s “95%” decided on Bama, he may push this up to the very end. If he waits until early April to decide, will there still be slots available?</p>

<p>Are honors classes available at non-honors Bama Bound sessions? My daughter doesn’t graduate until 5/31 so would not be able to attend until the next honors session which isn’t until July. Basically, could someone please explain the difference between the honors Bama Bound sessions and the regular sessions. Thank you</p>

<p>How long before honors slots usually fill up?</p>

<p>“Are honors classes available at non-honors Bama Bound sessions? My daughter doesn’t graduate until 5/31 so would not be able to attend until the next honors session which isn’t until July. Basically, could someone please explain the difference between the honors Bama Bound sessions and the regular sessions. Thank you”</p>

<p>jum-I spoke with a staff member this morning because we have the same issue, except graduation is June 3. The answer that I received was “YES, there are break-out sessions for Honors students at every single BB date. The main difference is that during Honors dates, the HC host an Open House to mingle with HC Staff.” Same info is given, i.e. parent sessions, class registrations, info meetings, etc. at each date. The Honors dates provides an opportunity for other Honors students to meet more Honors students. I don’t see that as an important detail because there will be Honors students at every BB date offered. Hope that helps.</p>

<p>* How long before honors slots usually fill up?
*</p>

<p>Last year, there were honors seats available throughout summer…not for every class, but for a good number of classes.</p>

<p>Slippy…If your son wants to go to a particular BB date or an honors one, then he shouldn’t wait til them.</p>

<p>Should we get additional days for housing? Or is it same day check in and check out enough time? I don’t want to have to leave the fun events and socializing early to check out.</p>

<p>I signed D up today for the June 11 and 12th date. I was surprised that they charge a fee for orientation. I can understand why they charge for housing. Is this common to charge for orientation? My oldest is a freshman in college, and I know I didn’t have to pay a fee for hers. What is included for the fee?</p>

<p>We paid for orientation for all four of our kiddos…at 4 different colleges. Alabama was the cheapest!!!</p>

<p>Straight off the orientation FAQ link:</p>

<p>“Is there a fee?”
The basic orientation registration fee is $120 for freshmen and $80 for transfer students. This fee includes testing, academic advising, materials, services, and funds for dining at the Ferguson Center Food Court during Bama Bound.</p>

<p>Every school D is considering charges a fee for orientation. Alabama’s is the cheapest.</p>

<p>Thanks,Aeromom. I’m not really complaining. D is super excited and wants it to be June already!</p>