UA Bedding Catalog / Deal

<p>Did anyone else get the packet about bedding for the UA dorms? I think we’re going to just go ahead and order the “Full Package” – complete bedding for 80"-bed, under-bed storage, pop-up hamper, etc. $200 seemed like a very fair price for all that.</p>

<p>Has anyone else ordered this package? What did y’all think?</p>

<p>The convenience of a package deal is pretty appealing at this point…</p>

<p>We ordered from The Company Store. Low thread count sheets would not go over well with our student…</p>

<p>Those packages are made up of rather “cheap” products. It is one think to get a good deal. It is another to get inferior quality.</p>

<p>Diane…</p>

<p>I wouldn’t go with that package. I haven’t heard good things about it.</p>

<p>Many stores stock the XL twin sheets in the summer for Back to School. BBB gets them about mid-summer…check with your local store.</p>

<p>Sometimes Sams Club has a double pack of Twin XL sheets in the summer for a very good deal.</p>

<p>One of my kids prefers the Target “T-shirt” material XL sheets. The other prefers flannel sheets year-round.</p>

<p>Pop up hampers can be gotten at Wal-Mart for $4. My kids use 2 each…one white and one blue to sort their clothes after wearing.</p>

<p>Agree, don’t go by price, go by high thread count. Cheaply made bedding is just not the way to go. Just washed my brand new mattress pad cover today (expensive) and it completely fell apart. Never tried this company before and never will again…</p>

<p>i say no, too.</p>

<p>we got really soft sheets at walmart for i think $7 per set when the college stuff came out. got two sets. i know lots of people love to bash walmart, but all of the college things we bought there have held up fine, and the prices can’t be beat.</p>

<p>i know boys don’t care much about things matching etc. but walmart has lots of things in matching colors at back to school time. sheets comforters towels - even the underbed plastic dressers.</p>

<p>i don’t know what all is in the package, but i think you could do better, both price wise and quality wise.</p>

<p>the college stuff comes out a little after july 4th. but last year most targets didn’t even have what looked like a college section.</p>

<p>as for hampers - we got laundry baskets (at walmart, too). i got her a few (square ones) and they all stack together, that way she has plenty of baskets when it is time to do her laundry. but when in her room on a day to day basis, there is one basket taking up space on the floor.</p>

<p>ladydianeski - is it your son who was one of the more fashion conscious (sp?) boys? if so, maybe he will want his room color-coordinated more than most boys. most of the boys i know have a grey comforter or bedspread. : )</p>

<p>Thanks, y’all! I am glad now I did not jump the gun and order!!!</p>

<p>Nope, my son is about as far from fashion-conscious as it’s possible to get. “Oblivious” would be the mot juste – LOL!</p>

<p>Still, I think he would prefer bedding that doesn’t fall apart easily. And we are Walmart/Target shoppers from way back.</p>

<p>Thanks again!</p>

<p>i forget who the fashion conscious boy here is then … sorry! : )</p>

<p>just wait a bit until the college things come out. there will be a good selection of twinxl sheets at that time. : )</p>

<p>Overstock . com for Twin XL sheets, Costco lightweight comforter, crimson body pillow and an extra blanket - voila! done, high quality, cheap and somewhat color coordinated!</p>

<p>Well, we came from out of state last year, ordered the package because expediency in that area was more important than anything else and it served fine. Its packed up to be used again next year.</p>

<p>I have a busy son who knows luxury but doesn’t look for it in a dorm room :)</p>

<p>So, do what works. If you have time and energy and are going to help with moving, etc…shop around, but the ‘set’ worked fine for us.</p>

<p>We did take it over the laundry and wash everything as we would any new bedding.</p>

<p>I know my cc buddies are better shoppers than I but this worked well for us and continues to work well. We just had to pick up the box and transport it to the laundry, then onto the bed. The extra set of sheets was good to have, too.</p>

<p>I’m glad you didn’t bite that bullet LadyDi! D just got the packet yesterday & threw it right out; said a few of her friends at other schools said the quality was bad & threw them out at the end of the year. </p>

<p>I am a good shopper and there is no way that package should cost $200. If I’m spending that much, I’m getting way better quality than they provide. </p>

<p>FYI: the dorm stuff usually starts arriving in Target, Walmart & Bed, Bath & Beyond at the end of June, beginning of July.</p>

<p>If you have a Kohl’s nearby they often have sales and coupons. We bought several pair of xl twin sheets there and they have held up really well.</p>

<p>I would agree…toss the flyer. Although you have an S My 4 kids have all gotten new bedding each year…they change rooms, roommates, from dorm to condo to sorority house…so I would suggest Target or Bed Bath and Beyond…we were just there (both places…D is shopping for a whole new bedroom look) and they had XL long sheet sets…not a wide variety but some. Pottery Barn Teen also has sets and they often have sales. I love the quality of their bedding! They wash well and stay soft :). You might want to go with a down comforter and a duvet cover…that way you change the look next year if you want. Have you looked at Dormbuys.com? They have nice things as well.</p>

<p>Thanks so much, y’all! :smiley: And momof3boyz, I will check out your website even though I don’t have girls.</p>

<p>I would suggest that when you get rolling you contact Panhellenic and see if you can have a booth at Preview Weekend. There are MANY young women who live in Tut and go through recruitment (and ultimately pledge) that hire decorators to do their rooms. I know we spent A LOT of money at Pottery Barn!!! Most incoming Freshmen girls don’t live in the house until sophomore year…very rare for a freshman to live in. Alot of the girls also live in condos around campus…As soon as your site is up an running let me know. We are looking into decorating D’s room…she’s picky and hasn’t found anything she likes yet…Good luck with your business venture!</p>

<p>i wanna see pictures of your son’s room. i think it would be so nice to have the common area looking a little (or a lot) more homey. although, when i picked my daughter up, their room looked like a tornado had been through!</p>

<p>Ok, strange question. I know we need Twin XL sheets. But does the comforter/quilt/blanket/duvet absolutely have to be Twin XL? Because the selection is more limited and DD is having a hard time finding something she likes. Would it be better to get Twin (regular) or Full/Queen for the comforter? Assuming we are raising the bed to the highest rung.</p>

<p>Momof3boyz- I cannot wait to see your website. My D will be a freshman living at Ridgecrest South. She has found some cute stuff online at “decor-2-ur-door”, we were planning on ordering in the next few weeks. I would much rather support a fellow Bama Mom. Do you have pictures we can see? Keep us posted…</p>

<p>Momof3boyz does some outstanding work! She sent me the photos about a year ago – wish I had saved the e-mail. </p>

<p>I got my mom (who is retired and loves to sew) to make sets of throw pillows for my son’s suite a year ago. He loved them. She said she has some extra Alabama material and offered to make a few more for his place this year. Meanwhile, my son liked what I selected to put on his walls. I went to one of the poster sites and ordered various prints that featured traveling hot spots. Had them framed or laminated. They looked great on the walls and brought lots of color to the common room.</p>

<p>Maybe its good that S is flying down, I tend to go overboard on the decorating. I would be all over the common room. If I don’t get there until Parents weekend, well there will be “only” 8 weeks left so maybe I won’t feel the need to put something on the wall. I am obsessive. We moved again in Nov, pictures were hung on Day 1. Right out of the car and onto the walls.
I am thinking regular size duvet and comforter. The selection is too limited. S is about 6", its not like he is going to pull it over his head. I like Ikea for those, although sometimes we can’t find a pattern S likes. Actually it would be good if they stocked just the xl fitted, with the duvet I stopped sending the top sheet up from the laundry as it would just get thrown on the floor in a lump. But, you have to wash the duvet cover. At least the twin is not too bad. I hate, hate, hate stuffing our King Duvet.</p>