UA Bedding Catalog / Deal

<p>Just back from my local Bed Bath and Beyond and they had many comforter sets and sheet sets in XL Twin. However, if last year is any indicator, they will sell fast!</p>

<p>Congrats momof3boyz! It all looks great!</p>

<p>The Company Store has XL bedding</p>

<p>[College</a> Bound: XL Twin Dorm Bedding | The Company Store](<a href=“http://www.thecompanystore.com/College-Bound/cs-college-bound,default,sc.html?cm_re=hp-_-F2011-_-CollegeBound]College”>http://www.thecompanystore.com/College-Bound/cs-college-bound,default,sc.html?cm_re=hp-_-F2011-_-CollegeBound)</p>

<p>Pottery Barn Teen just came out with their 2011 Dorm Collection</p>

<p>[Teen</a> Bedding, Furniture & Decor for Teen Bedrooms & Dorm Rooms | PBteen](<a href=“http://www.pbteen.com/]Teen”>http://www.pbteen.com/)</p>

<p>I found an XL mattress cover at Tuesday Mornings over the weekend.</p>

<p>Does anyone have any experience with PBTeen sheets? They seem expensive for 200 thread count – are they worth the price?</p>

<p>(I spent three years of boarding school refusing to conform and decorate my dorm in PB Teen like everyone else, but I am finally giving in this year…)</p>

<p>We did DD’s whole room (coordinated with roommate) in PBTeen. Sheets, towels, pillows, duvet cover, rugs ect. The sheets really held up well. DD washed them quite frequently (we bought three sets) and they really look almost new. I would reccommend them :)</p>

<p>Thank you! I really want to have a well-coordinated room, and there aren’t too many companies from which you can find everything in the same color/design – sheets, rugs, towels, curtains, garbage cans, lamps, decorations. I will definitely go with PBTeen. :)</p>

<p>Since quilts and comforters don’t come in Twin XL, am I better off buying them in twin or in full/queen?</p>

<p>regina - do you have a pb outlet nearby? that might be a way to get some of the PB stuff without laying out so much $$$.</p>

<p>Well, after seeing the room DS was occupying for Bama Bound (very similar to the one he’ll have in the fall), I’m not sure we’ll be worrying overly much about interior decor. The dang thing’s a little monastic cell, LOL. You can sit on the bed, stretch out your arm, and practically touch the opposite wall. I mean, what’s to decorate? ;)</p>

<p>Of course, it’s different for guys anyway. I think bedding and maybe a couple of posters on the wall should do fine. If I had a daughter, I’m sure we’d be going whole-hog… :D</p>

<p>Mike - I just looked it up, and I don’t think any of them are near me, unfortunately – but I will check! Thanks for posting that; I had no idea PB even had outlets! PB is annoyingly expensive, but I would so much rather pay for high quality things that will last me four years than be replacing things every year. And you can’t put a price on making a living space feel like home (that’s what I shall tell my dad, at least).</p>

<p>LadyDianeski - LOL! You clearly don’t have enough experience with what most dorms look like…I have spent three years living in dorm rooms about the same size as my bedroom next year, with another person living in the room too! And obviously we didn’t have any living room or kitchen to store some of our things in. I don’t think I’ll know what to do with myself next year having so much more space than I am used to!</p>

<p>Regina - My family refers to it as “Poverty Barn” - ha ha</p>

<p>yeah - i kind of didn’t get the comment from lady dianeski either.</p>

<p>: /</p>

<p>have to agree - after the visit to the dorms at U of I, DS and I were stunned at how much private space a suite-dorm student gets at UA!</p>

<p>Sorry, y’all!! I wasn’t complaining at all…I think the suites are great. (Of course, I think monastic cells are kind of cool, too.) I was just saying that there’s not a whole lot of room there to express oneself decor-wise. Which is a Good Thing for DS, because, believe me, he won’t be doing much in the way of decorating, LOL.</p>

<p>But I definitely did NOT mean to imply any dissatisfaction with the suites. Far, far from it.</p>

<p>Side note (not especially relevant): I was so spoiled at my UG alma mater, New College (“Hippie U”). Our dorms were designed by I.M. Pei. They were like motel rooms, each with an outside entrance. They were large two-person rooms with private baths, and each one had either a balcony or a patio. I never had to do that cinder-block thing. ;)</p>

<p>But I would have preferred my own private room in a suite, if that had been an option back then. Even if said room was a broom closet.</p>

<p>OK, hope I’ve cleared things up. I did not mean to ruffle anyone’s feathers! :o</p>

<p>Momof3boyz we saw your dorm items in a model dorm room when we toured. I am sorry I don’t remember the building, but it was close to where the farmers market was, because we went there on the way to our car. There was a sign with the company name on it and DD made me wait til she could put the website name in her phone. We have looked at your website. You have great stuff. I have a rising senior, so I am sure that I will be contacting you next summer! What a great business and the designs are wonderful.</p>