UA Dorms are open today

<p>Good News!! Just spoke with the UA Police Dept. and the dorms were opened today. This was because of the weather alert. Now those traveling in tonight will have a place to sleep.</p>

<p>Smart girl, Robotbldmom, calling the UAPD! Great thinking! Glad the early arrivals will have a place to sleep tonight. Be safe, all!</p>

<p>Yup the dorms are open and there are definitely people here. Target is getting a bit picked over though. No eggs!!!</p>

<p>Glad my coworker said to have D do her grocery shopping here. I hear the stores are very picked over in North & Central AL.</p>

<p>Glad you made it safely MesquiteGirl!</p>

<p>My son said that he saw a photo online of a Birmingham area Wal-Mart. The shelves were picked clean. We are expecting the “end of the world blizzard of death” Monday evening into Tuesday (we’re in VA). Glad I went to the grocery stores today. All the milk, tuna fish and toilet paper will be gone soon.</p>

<p>Thanks Montegut for the nice compliment but the phone number came from Momreads, all I did was dial (LOL).</p>

<p>Son arrived safely on campus and dorms are indeed open, he is out on a food run now :)</p>

<p>robotbldmom: Glad to know your son got there safely. I understand that maintenance will have shovels waiting for our sons.</p>

<p>momreads: No problem as long as they pay, because here he shovels for free!! :)</p>