UA engineering adds two ABET accreditations to undergraduate programs

http://news.eng.ua.edu/2018/11/ua-adds-two-abet-accreditations-undergraduate-programs/

That is fantastic! It’s amazing how strong our Engineering college has become. I would love for the University to keep the momentum going in the STEM fields. I wish we could add a veterinarian school

@UA2009 A veterinarian school? Each state usually only has 1 accredited veterinarian school (I think CA has two, but other large states, like TX and FL also only have 1). UA would also need to start a new College of “Agricultural and Life Sciences” and then compete with AU over state funding.

Other comparable examples, Michigan and Michigan State (MSU has the veterinarian school); Texas and TAMU (TAMU has the veterinarian school); UF and FSU (UF has the veterinarian school).

The nice thing about the ABET accreditation, is that’s it extends back to Oct. 1, 2015, and applies to all environmental and architectural degrees received in that time period. All of those students who took a leap of faith and graduated with a degree that was not yet ABET accredited, are now being awarded. :-bd

TAMU has the vet school and Texas Tech wants to put one in Amarillo as the west side of Texas is very rural and vets are needed here.

Gator88NE: I understand, I was wishful thinking. There is no way I think this state needs 2 veterinarian schools. I just love animals so much as I know a lot of people do and in a perfect world I could have been a vet and wouldn’t have to go elsewhere to get that degree