UA game this weekend

<p>As excited as I am about football starting and seeing our team play again, I’m much more interested in watching the Georgia @ Clemson game. I think this is one of the premier games of the season and definitely has the biggest impact on the national title picture, even from week one. Lets just hope that Bama VT is over before 830. Because I WILL be watching the Georgia Clemson game.</p>

<p>Who is televising the BAMA game???</p>

<p>ESPN. Kickoff is at 5:30 pm EDT (11:30 am HST. :slight_smile: )</p>

<p>Can’t afford to go to as many games as we would like, but couldn’t miss the first one…if the camera pans our section, Ill be sure to wave…Ill be wearing Red and White…hahahaha.</p>

<p>D and her friends ended up getting a hotel at the Wyndham Atlanta Galleria. Can any of you resident experts tell her which MARTA she should take from that area? She originally was going to drive to the stadium, but I told her y’all are advising against that.</p>

<p>Last year they went to Atlanta and stayed in Buckhead for her birthday, but that was super expensive for this weekend!</p>

<p>Sounds classy, Rose. My guy and his buds are slumming it at a Motel 6 about 10 miles from downtown. Guess that leaves them beer money. (Hey, they’re legal now. :wink: )</p>

<p>Lol, D would die if I suggested a Motel 6! I had to convince her that she didn’t need to stay in a 4 star!! Don’t know where she got this champagne taste of hers. I’m definitely more of a beer budget kind of girl ;)</p>

<p>Rose I would recommend either the Dunwoody or Sandy Springs stations. They both have large parking decks and easy access. They are both on the Red line</p>

<p>Thank you! I’ll pass that on :)</p>

<p>@Rose808 - We’re slumming in a Hampton Inn in the Cumberland/Galleria area. Looking at Marta’s map (and agreeing with twomutts), I figured we would drive to the Dunwoody station, park and ride.
Hotel listed a Marta stop, but I think it’s actually a bus stop.</p>

<p>Haha, Hampton Inn’s are perfectly fine places to stay in my book! I have to admit, I wouldn’t want her at a Motel 6, though. I prefer she stays in hotels that have interior entrances. I really don’t care if they don’t turn her bed down for her and leave her chocolates on the pillow ;)</p>

<p>Good, she’s planning on going to that station as well. Thanks for the advice!!!</p>

<p>Do we think I can get espntogo in Canada to watch the game? Or will I be forced to drive across the border to an American bar? Eek, old lady in a bar in the afternoon, but desperate times demand desperate actions.</p>

<p>Bumping up this thread to hear feedback on the Atlanta trip for the kids.</p>

<p>My son will be attending a music festival in Atlanta in a few weeks and would like some pointers about parking, hotels, restaurants, traffic, public transportation.</p>

<p>The festival will be in Midtown, so don’t know if that’s near where the game was.</p>

<p>Also have no idea where he’ll be staying. Will be with a relative of one of his friends who lives in Atlanta.</p>

<p>they did go. the group changed a bit and included a girl from the atlanta area, so they did not have to deal with a hotel. i suggested riding MARTA to the game.</p>

<p>i haven’t been filled in on many of the details of the weekend, so i will just assume that everything was fine.</p>

<p>We had a great time with the 5 guys and 5 girls that stayed at our house for the weekend! What a wonderful group of respectful young people who definitely loved bacon! Seven of them had tickets to the game, 2 met other friends downtown to watch and one went hiking and to the rock climbing gym. </p>

<p>They took MARTA from the Sandy Springs station and had no trouble parking. However, it took them a long time (almost 2 1/2 hours after game time) to get home due to the crowds on MARTA. This was an extremely busy holiday weekend in ATL, so not typical of every weekend. They had fun because they were all together, but were extremely tired and hungry when they finally got to our house.</p>

<p>^^^I’m worried about the long time to get “home” if taking the Marta, too, for the boys and am trying to talk them into a hotel near the concert venue so they can park in the garage and walk, but they’re all 21, so it’s in their hands!</p>