UA has state's top ranked MBA program in latest ranking

<p>[Poets&Quants&#8217</a>; Top 100 MBA Programs in the U.S. | Poets and Quants](<a href=“http://poetsandquants.com/2010/12/14/poetsquants-top-100-mba-programs-in-the-u-s/3/]Poets&Quants’”>http://poetsandquants.com/2010/12/14/poetsquants-top-100-mba-programs-in-the-u-s/3/)</p>

<p>This ranking takes all of the major rankings (US News, Forbes, etc.) into consideration to create their ranking. </p>

<p>UA ranks 34th among all public universities.</p>

<p>Bama has a very fine B-school - Culverhouse College of Commerce and Business. I hope that Bama is really investing in this area. Bama is poised to really move up in the B-school area. </p>

<p>Interesting note…the CEO of Hong Kong’s Stock Exchange is a Bama grad. His name is Charles Li. He has come to Bama’s campus to speak to the B-school students. </p>

<p>*Hong Kong, June 3, 2009 – J.P. Morgan today announced that Charles Li, the Chairman of the firm’s China businesses, is leaving to assume the role of Chief Executive Officer of Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing.</p>

<p>*</p>

<p>*Alabama grad Charles Li, soon to head Hong Kong Stock Exchange Published: Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 5:42 AM
*</p>

<p>I would love to learn more about Culverhouse. I haven’t read as much on these boards about the business school as I have about the engineering school, science, computer science, etc. I’ve read most everything there is on the UA website, but it’s not the same as personal opinions. Does anyone know if Culverhouse offers scholarships that are as generous as the engineering school? From what’s on the website, most of them seem pretty specialized and more geared to Alabama residents. I don’t think they have everything listed, but I’m guessing what they’ve listed is representative. D will be meeting with a representative from Culverhouse on Friday, so hopefully she’ll learn a lot more about the business school.</p>

<p>Culverhouse does offer scholarships. Check out this link …</p>

<p>[UA</a> Undergraduate Catalog: CULVERHOUSE COLLEGE OF COMMERCE AND BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama)</p>

<p>If you go to the next few pages (by clicking on the “next” button at the top of the page), you can see a listing of the various scholarships that are offered. </p>

<p>Hope that helps.</p>

<p>m2ck - Do you know if this is something he does periodically. I’m sure my S would love to hear him. Although he’s an EE major his plans include an MBA. Would such a talk be open to him?</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>I would imagine that many/most/all visiting lectures are open to all Bama students. </p>

<p>I don’t know when Charles Li will be coming to Bama again. Hopefully soon. </p>

<p>Beth’s mom…if you click around on the Culverhouse website…news and videos…you’ll find all kinds of interesting stuff.</p>