UA Honors and Culverhouse

<p>Does anyone have any experience with the honors program along with a Culverhouse major? I am a prospective student planning on majoring in finance or something of the sort and I am interested in the strength of Culverhouse, experiences, job placement/internships, etc. Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>Hopefully SEA_tide will see this and respond. He’s in Culvershouse and in honors. He’ll be able to answer pretty much anything. </p>

<p>He can tell you about his concentration and anything else.</p>

<p>Thanks mom2collegekids. The information on the Bama thread has helped me get closer to making a decision.</p>

<p>It’s hard to give a response to your question without giving generalized answers. It is very possible to be a business major and be in the Honors College, especially since there are honors sections of many lower division business courses. As for recruiting, job placement, and internships, those who try hard in their classes and extracurriculars will find great internships and full-time jobs. </p>

<p>Feel free to ask or PM any other questions you may have.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>SEA_tide is absolutely right. Even with a double major (one being Business/Marketing) my son will complete his Honors College requirements by the end of the Fall semester 2012, his 5th semester at 'Bama.</p>

<p>UA, in our experience, has been all about making success possible and removing obstacles, even when that means thinking outside the box.</p>

<p>First, Happy Easter everyone – He rose for us.</p>

<p>Second – (from a newbie perspective) It is my understanding that the Honors College allows all majors, as it isn’t a major upon itself; Sure hope so, since my D will be enrolling in MIS this Fall (Business School I think) and is accepted into the Honors College also.</p>

<p>Our conversations with Dr. Sharpe lead us to believe that any major can be part of the Honors College – with the understanding that some of the more demanding majors as well as athletics/band/cheer/dance, etc. could compete for the same time slots as the student moves into higher classes.</p>

<p>One example I know of is a current Bama football player who we are family friends with, wanted to be in MIS, but found that his practice and away times would make it too difficult to match some of the higher level classes (offered mostly in afternoons, etc.).</p>

<p>I think the OP wants to major in Finance. Is that correct?</p>

<p>To BamaAF- You are correct the honors college allows all majors. </p>

<p>Good choice on MIS by the way. Unfortunately it can be demanding and I heard about the football player having to withdrawal which is unfortunate. If it makes any difference to you I’m also involved in athletics and I haven’t had problems with MIS.</p>