UA in Oxford

<p>I am trying to encourage Junior to apply for the UA Oxford program this summer. He is interested. Deadline for applying is March 1. </p>

<p>Does anyone have experience with this program, either as a student or a parent? If so, any feedback? It seems like an awesome experience. And considering that my son is an English major, it would be right in his wheelhouse.</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Lattelady’s D did this last summer.</p>

<p>My daughter had a great time. One of her friends, linnylu’s D, is an English major. She was on the trip as well. It was a great experience.</p>

<p>Someone else (maybe RobD?) had a daughter who did it a few years back and she has posted good things about it. I have a non-CC friend whose engineering major daughter went to Oxford last summer and she had a great experience.</p>

<p>My D did it last summer and loved it so much that she’d like to go back again this summer. Visiting places that she had read about was an incredible experience for her.</p>

<p>D did the UA Oxford program two summers ago. As a non-English major she really enjoyed it. She has mentioned the accommodations were very good, the UA Professors were great, classes interesting, and that she met and made friends with many AL students she hadn’t known before. While there she went to London a couple times, got to go to the British Open, enjoyed local theatre, and of course pub crawls.</p>

<p>Hey Slippy! Sorry for the delay :slight_smile: D1 did UA at Oxford in Summer 2011. She highly recommends it. Loved Dr. Halli and Dr. Seleski and the classes, as well as all the “extras” outside of the classroom, including the British Open, theatre, Tesco, etc. </p>

<p>Feel free to PM me. </p>

<p>Trvlbug: did your D go in 2011 or 2012?</p>

<p>My D did UA at Oxford in Summer 2012 and loved it. She would highly recommend it. She is a math and econ major so she used the classes to fulfill her fine arts credit and an upper level English (or something like that) requirement. She and a friend, who also did UA at Oxford, backpacked through Europe for three weeks before the program. While in Oxford, she did weekend trips to Scotland and Amsterdam with a group of kids. She also spent some time in London.</p>