UA Online College for Grown-ups ;)

<p>I have an ADN and I’m enrolled for the fall for the RN to BSN. Since I now have my 3rd child going through Bama also and paying sorority dues, I need my expenses to be as low as possible. Anyone have any tips? I need classes that don’t require books, if they exist, and if they do require books, not a class that requires a bunch of books for one class. Any tips would be appreciated.</p>

<p>The Supestore lists all required textbooks for online and on-campus courses. Use the ISBNs, titles, and edition numbers to check other websites as some online courses use older textbooks which are significantly cheaper from other sources. You may want to use an aggregator such as DealOz or BIGWORDS to check multiple sites at once.</p>

<p>You can search for online copies of textbooks using Google Scholar:</p>

<p><a href=“Google Scholar Search Help”>http://scholar.google.com/intl/en/scholar/help.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>As an example, if you are looking for the textbook used for UA’s Intro Chemistry classes (CH 101 & CH 102) you could look online at the Supestore for the required books (in this case Chemistry - A Molecular Approach by Tro). Enter Tro and Chemistry into the google scholar search and it will return several listings including one with the entire textbook online. You do have to be sure it is the correct edition for your class, that it is indeed the entire book, etc. Also, keep in mind that you will need the online access code in some classes in order to do required homework, quizzes, etc. You would need to purchase an access code in that case (either through the Supestore, the publisher, amazon, etc.)</p>

<p>Try campusbookrentals.com, I saved several hundred bucks there. </p>