UA Parent Groups

I don’t know if this is allowed to be posted here, but thought I’d try.

Is anyone on the UA Class of 2023 Parent Group on Facebook? I have never been on Facebook (except for joining and then soon after deleting my account about 13-14 years ago), and wanted to join the Parent Group. I set up an account and I’ve requested to join twice, both times not being accepted. I can only assume it’s because I’m a new member? I sent a message to one of the administrators, without any response, but I don’t even know if they received it. Does this mean I’m just out of luck? I feel like I’m back in high school again.

Is anyone aware of any other parent groups somewhere to join?

Thanks.

Please message the administrator who’s name begins with the letter “A”- she will be looking for your message and will admit you.

@Roo17 Thank you so much, I just sent a message!

You may also find on Facebook a group specific to parents from your home state. You can find a “general parents” group, and your “class of 20xx” group. There is a lot of overlap in these in terms of content.

If you still have trouble, come back with the exact name of the group you are trying to join …

@DavidPuddy Thank you for the suggestion. Everything worked out, and the administrator of the Group I contacted was friendly and helpful.

I’ve never used Facebook so I have some learning to do on how things work. I’m a dinosaur when it comes to social media, lol.

The parent pages are such a huge benefit to UA. The “Bamaly” really pulls together and is a supportive, friendly, and helpful group of parents. I have learned so much by being a part of those fb groups. There are groups for different states/regions, interests, and majors.

I would also join one of the general parent UA pages. There are two.

@Southlander I did join a general group. Those Facebook groups have been very helpful and a wealth of information. Thanks!

There is also a parents of engineering students FB group
And a parents of preprofessional students FB group

If interested, please let me know. Send me a PM

@mom2collegekids Thanks so much; I’ll keep that in mind!

Yes, there are two groups. Please send me a PM and I can help you join.

Also we have parents of eng’g, nursing, premeds groups as well.