UA Post office?

<p>I know the post office was rumored to close sometime around now. Does anyone know if it is still in operation and if not, where is the mail going? Do I still send cards to DS’s post office box?</p>

<p>I believe it’s open until May.</p>

<p>The Post Office in the Ferguson Center is still open, albeit with different USPS employees as half of the USPS employees in Tuscaloosa took early retirement offers on January 31st.</p>

<p>The post office is open until late April/early May and current PO Boxes will be transferred to a different USPS location after that. There is a cancellation policy for PO Boxes, so students can get a refund if they don’t want to have a PO Box at the other location.</p>

<p>Does that other USPS location mean a local post office in Tuscaloosa proper, or is the University going to offer another location on campus (besides Paty for packages?)</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>As of May, USPS will no longer have a contract with UA, so as far as USPS is concerned, the “other location” will be the Post Office in downtown Tuscaloosa. UA will be running its own mail services for students and is planned to have 3 USPS automated postal machines. UA has not yet released specifics for the new service, but it will likely be located somewhere other than the Ferg and Paty as UA has other plans for those areas.</p>

<p>SEA_tide, what about regular letter delivery? Any word on how that will be handled?</p>

<p>UA has not announced the specific details, but it will be offering an option for students to receive regular mail for a similar cost to the current USPS service.</p>