UA Professors

<p>Although I haven’t been on here for a while, I wanted to post this, just in case prospective students happen to see it.</p>

<p>I have now finished my third semester at Bama, and I am continually blown away by the incredible professors at this university. I was worried that by attending such a large college, I would miss out on the opportunity to develop close relationships with professors, but that couldn’t be further from the truth.</p>

<p>In three semesters, I have only had one professor whom I would consider below average, and far more whom I would consider exceptional. I have never had a professor (for a class that I attended regularly) who did not know my name within the first month of the semester, even in classes as large as 65 people. (Albeit my majors lend themselves to smaller classes, which are obviously conducive to professor-student relationships.) Almost every professor I have had has been intelligent, caring, and willing to go above and beyond for their students.</p>

<p>At the close of this semester, I received emails from two different professors commenting on my performance in their classes, and they were some of the kindest things I have ever had anyone say about me. I have had a two-hour-long conversation with a professor during office hours about every aspect of our lives; I have had professors willing to give me advice regarding class selection, studying abroad, or anything else with which I need help; I have had professors make a point to tell me that they would be happy to serve as a reference if I ever need it. All of this on top of them being excellent professors, in whose classes I learned a great deal.</p>

<p>It took me a while to become acclimated to UA, especially academically – to the point where I was considering transferring for most of my first semester, if not my entire freshman year – but I am now so glad that I stayed here, and I could not be more grateful for these wonderful professors and for the education I am receiving.</p>

<p>What a lovely, heartfelt post!</p>

<p>I certainly hope that prospective students and parents read this.</p>

<p>Thanks so much for sharing :slight_smile: </p>

<p>In that same regard my DS will be taking 3 of the same professors in his 2nd semester at UA that he had in his 1st semester since he liked them and their teaching styles so well!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>