UA receives ACT score early?

<p>Just wondering if anyone else received an email from Alabama stating they had received a new ACT score. My D received an email yesterday that looked official stating that a new ACT score had been received by the University and the score was higher than what she had before. Just don’t wnat her to get her hopes up if it isn’t possible for the U to receive the score before the release date.</p>

<p>D didn’t receive such an email, but I hope for your sake it’s correct! I’ll offer a cautiously optimistic contratulations :)</p>

<p>yes, i have heard that schools often receive scores before the actual students do.</p>

<p>UALMom,</p>

<p>Did your daughter take the writing portion (essay) of the ACT?</p>

<p>Have you checked on the ACT website to see if your D’s new score is there?</p>

<p>ACT and SAT electronically send out scores to schools. Schools upload them. I’m guessing that this new score is from Sept 11th? If so, it’s possible the new score is real. </p>

<p>Will your D get a better scholarship now?</p>

<p>I hope you are right! No, she did not take the writing portion this time. She had taken it previously and got a pretty good score. According to UA site they will take the top composite score without the writing. Yes we are hoping for a scholarship, probably still a few points away but she has increased her score quite a bit.</p>

<p>My D took the writing portion, so maybe that’s why hers aren’t there yet. Scores won’t be posted on ACT’s site until Monday.</p>

<p>UAL Mom…are you instate or out of state?</p>

<p>I got the email about my SAT score (haven’t sent my ACT). It says on my app status that they received it back in May, but the email subject is “New Score Received.”</p>

<p>All the actual message says is what the highest score they’ve gotten so far is (my 1480, which I sent back in May and is my only SAT score).</p>

<p>So I’m thinking it’s mostly just score receipt confirmation?</p>

<p>In state - Cullman AL. D has a friend that got the same email. Both took the ACT in Sept.</p>