UA Reception in Atlanta on Sept 24th

<p>Did anyone attend the UA reception in Atlanta at the Coca-Cola headquarters? My DS and DW had planned to attend but school project deadlines took precedence – so they ended up not going.</p>

<p>Not that we needed to be “sold” on UA – that is already finalized as deposits are already paid for the Fall 2013 semester. I thought it would be good for DS to meet other students and UA representatives.</p>

<p>I am curious how was the reception? Hopefully the Paul Ryan motorcade and the temporary closures of the main interstate through the city did not affect attendance.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>We attended last night with my son. We are in the same boat, deposits already paid and last week he had decided that UA was the place for him. We went anyways, it always seems like every time we go to some thing like this we always learn a little something more. We figured good chance to meet others going to UA. </p>

<p>The reception was very nice…well fed and all the Coke products a teen could drink :slight_smile: The speakers were excellent. We had the Dr Bailey (UA Prsident), Dr. Karr (Dean of Engineering), the CFO from Coke, a current student & current parent (forgot their names).</p>

<p>Dr. Karr is a GREAT speaker. He did a great job, not just selling UA, but telling the students how important a college choice is, whatever school they choose. </p>

<p>Traffic was a mess!! Took us 1.5 hours to get there from Alpharetta (~25 miles). Glad we left around 5:20!</p>

<p>Since you are already sold, it was not a big loss, just a little more icing on the cake.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>“twomutts”: Thank you for the report! I had also read on CC that these receptions had great speakers and something more was always learned. I knew we would regret missing it - but meeting school deadlines had to take priority. </p>

<p>FWIW, we also live in North Fulton county (Roswell) and would have encountered the same long drive. For those not familiar with the Atlanta area, the time it took “twomutts” to drive to the reception should have taken 45 minutes in a normal rush hour. </p>

<p>Thanks again for the recap.</p>

<p>Hello from a fellow North Fulton resident. We live in East Roswell – my daughter is a sophomore. During her senior year in high school there was a nice gathering in the spring for admitted students and their families. It was held in a restaurant downtown and was hosted by the Atlanta area alumni association. We met several families that day that we ended up meeting again during move-in so we were glad we had attended. Glad you guys are joining the stream of Atlanta area students driving I20 westbound to Bama (be prepared for the traffic on that journey as well!).</p>

<p>Hi “Whitlo”… thank you for the note. Yes, I had heard of the spring gathering and we will certainly be there to meet up with others who will be making the drive west from ATL on I-20. At least two from RHS will be attending UA. Roll Tide! :-)</p>

<p>There’s usually a gathering in the spring at either Ippolito’s Italian or Hudson Grille and a send off party in August at Hudson Grille in Midtown.</p>