UA shuttle to BHM

<p>I spoke to them this morning. (205)348-Ride. EXTREMELY HELPFUL</p>

<p>Schedule is 9am, 1pm and 5pm. </p>

<p>However, 9am may cut close for S’s flight and when I asked if it was possible to drop him at Holiday Inn next to airport night before, they said that might be fine.They then said they would probably just adjust time that day so he can make it (of course all of this is without putting anyone else out). Just need to finalize plans and contact them.</p>

<p>Again “family” makes adjustments for emergencies.
RTR</p>

<p>I also called 348-RIDE this morning and cannot agree more that they were EXTREMELY HELPFUL. While they only had shuttles scheduled until Thursday, May 5th, they were more than willing to schedule a shuttle on Saturday, May 7th. There is no charge for the shuttle and it’s okay if students need to take an extra suitcase. </p>

<p>I am amazed at how well UA has handled the entire situation and would tell prospective students that at UA, you are part of the family and we will take care of you.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>socal2bama: What day is your son flying home? I’ll be heading to BHM early Friday morning (need to arrive there by 9am) and would be happy to give anyone a ride that morning if needed.</p>

<p>NJBama - That won’t be necessary but thank you for the offer. I can’t stop telling family and friends how helpful everyone has been. </p>

<p>He has a Tuesday flight and UA is working with him so they get him there in time for his flight and even want him there at 8 so they’ll take him and any early students ahead of time. </p>

<p>Safe travels and Roll Tide.</p>

<p>My son found out that the math lab is reopening and he can take his optional math test on Thursday or Friday do you know if the shuttle is still running on Saturday. That is the only day we can switch our flight to that wont be too expensive.</p>

<p>Students don’t have to be out of the dorms until Saturday so I’d imagine they will be running a shuttle on that day. Probably be an early am shuttle.</p>

<p>There will definitely be a shuttle on Saturday…I’m on it. :)</p>

<p>sea tide they told my son no shuttles after saturday what time are you leaving could you pm me your info so I can call</p>

<p>hey Sea Tide. Apparently my son’s math teacher was not allowed to allow the students to take the final this week. They have to take it deferred later so we are back to him leaving tomorrow night. Southwest is the BEST airline…they switched us back to his Tuesday flight for free…we went Sat, Tues, Sat, Tues! I recommend them whenever possible. So we are back to the Tuesday shuttle too. I think you should double check on your Sat shuttle cause I called twice and both times they said NO SAT SHUTTLE. I hope it all works out. I can’t wait to see my son back on the west coast.</p>

<p>I talked to the people scheduling the airport shuttles and apparently there was a miscommunication between the two offices about how long the shuttles will run. I now have multiple assurances that there will be airport shuttles for anyone who needs one up to and including Saturday, May 7th.</p>

<p>Sea Tide I am so glad it worked out! And glad I am picking up my son at LAX in 2 hours!</p>

<p>Glad to hear your son was able to come home sooner. I AGREE Southwest is fabulous, I too had to make a couple of adjustments, no hassles, totally nice people (dropping a note on their great assistance/attitude), and NO fees. UNLIKE my original carrier/travel server for flight to BHM ($$$$$$), clueless as to the situation - didn’t care. </p>

<p>S arrived last evening also, had a great time with all 3 kids together - youngest was glad she had late start today and stayed up an extra 2 hours. :)</p>

<p>BTW - wouldn’t worry I’m sure the luggage will be found and delivered today. Surprised same didn’t happen to Matt - if any luggage is lost it’s usually his - outgoing he always carries one change of clothes in carry-on.</p>