UA Sophomore Housing?

I am currently a student at California state university Long Beach and I am looking to transfer to UA. I am wondering since all freshmen live on campus, do sophomores also live on campus and is it popular to do so? or get an off campus apartment? For example at my school almost no one dorms sophomore year and it is sort of socially looked down upon to do so. Just wondering what its like at Alabama because I know NOTHING. Thank you!

If you are man, you can join the Mallet Assembly and live in a residence hall. But that is not the only one for all classes. I spent almost my entire time at UA on campus, and that was years before freshman were required to live on campus.

There are plenty of upperclassman that stay on campus after their freshman year, only recently has there been more housing added so that this has become possible. This upcoming fall there is only one dorm that is designated as “freshman only”. That being said, many decide to live off campus after their freshman year and there is an abundance of off-campus housing to chose from. @Atlanta68 it looks like it has been a while since you were on campus, the situation has changed and there is now adequate on-campus housing for those upperclassman that wish to stay.

DP Jr. will be back on campus for his second year, because it is financially prudent for him to do it. His 2 room mates for next year are second year students as well. It certainly happens.

That being said, it is the exception to the rule, to be sure.