UA Summer Experience

<p>D received the invite tonight via email.<br>
Like the idea of her getting her feet wet slowly and getting credit.
Anyone taken advantage of the Summer on Campus experience for incoming Freshmen?</p>

<p>Thanks :)</p>

<p>My S also got this - does anyone know more about this?</p>

<p>I wonder how that works with presidential scholarship.</p>

<p>I was invited to do this as well but I know nothing about it. Has anyone on here had experience with it?</p>

<p>I think you guys are talking about UA early college summer experience. This is not something that the presidential scholarship will cover. However, my daughter has been taking a few classes through ua early college and its about half what a class will cost when she is fully enrolled. Upcoming seniors in high school could attend as well as upcoming freshman last year. There are housing and meal plan costs for the month as well. They all stay together with other ua early college kids.</p>

<p>My son was invited as well. Looks interesting, but I think he’s going to pass…he’ll be there for real soon enough. </p>

<p>Every email and snail mail that comes in now from Bama gets great attention as were waiting to see if the boy gets a scholarship offer. Wish they’d send them out so we know what we’re dealing with tuition-wise.</p>

<p>^^ I’m sending positive thoughts your way, txdoula. I hope your son gets good news!</p>

<p>From what I have heard, it seems like a very beneficial opportunity for students who may not have a lot, or any, AP credits. Having credits early ends up helping in the long run, i.e. class registration :)</p>

<p>Thanks Beth’s Mom…from your lips to the scholarship dept’s ears!</p>

<p>Re hours and registration, what would you consider a decent amount for an incoming freshman? DS has 4 AP’s, 4s and 5s on exams, but he will not take the AP credit in his field. Maybe he should think about this summer program</p>

<p>^^ I think the amount of credits freshmen come in with varies greatly - many have none; some have 60+. Even if your son chooses not to use the AP credits in his major, they’ll still help with registration priority early on.</p>