UAB ESMAP Program Chances

<p>Stats:
GPA: 3.85 UW
34 ACT
800 Math I, 800 Biology-M, 750 Chem, 800 Us History
206 PSAT

<p>Extracurriculars/Honors/Etc.

• Mu Alpha Theta (try for leadership next year)
  • Science National Honor Society
  • Mock Trial, team captain, outstanding witness awards
  • Founder of Amnesty International
  • Founder of Red Cross Club (tentative)
  • Shadowed under a doctor at Emory twice
  • Recipient of PVSA (4 years gold medal)
  • Peer Leader at School (30 out of 810)
  • Member of School’s Leadership team (10 chosen out of 810)
  • Over 1000+ volunteer hours working with local community groups
  • Team lead for religious service group
  • Attended National Youth Leadership Forum on Medicine at Emory
  • Duke TIP, and SIG
  • Will study at Georgetown over the summer</p>

<p>please chance me for the UAB ESMAP program? Thanks :)</p>

<p>Are you instate or OOS?</p>

<p>the 34 act score is good…although the program says you can apply with a 3O , most that get in have a 34 or above. it is a very selective program, but an excellent one. that is just one path to med school though, if you have questions about uab or the sci/tech honors program, feel free to pm me. another great path to med school…uab will give you lots and lots of opportunities for research, shadowing, volunteering etc</p>

<p>@Mom2collegekids OOS</p>

<p>Parent56 may know more about this, but I don’t think they accept many OOS students. I think there are about 10 accepted to the program; I don’t know how many are usually OOS. </p>

<p>That said, your stats are good, so all you can do is try. All of these BS/MD programs are very competitive.</p>

<p>from their website:
EMSAP does not have any quotas for in-state students. Generally, the class is balanced between in and out-of-state students, but decisions that determine if students are admitted are based on the student, not necessarily his or her resident status.</p>

<p>they used to list current students/state in the past and i have seen it be pretty balanced between in and out of state students</p>

<p>So, maybe 5 OOS students accepted?</p>

<p>latest med school rankings:
UAB Med School – primary care physician program: #10 in the nation – very impressive!</p>

<p>UAB: the School of Medicine primary care program rose to No. 10, up from No. 12. The level reflects the school’s commitment to produce physicians who pursue residencies in one of the primary care fields. Geriatrics ranked No. 12. The AIDS program in the School of Medicine ranked No. 8, 35th for research</p>