UAlabama Class of 2023 ~ Who’s Applied? Who’s Been Accepted?

Anyone knows when will UA give out admission decisions for transfer applicants? Do they accept transfer students on a rolling basis?

D is a transfer applicant and just got an email saying that the admission office has received all the required documents and will start reviewing the application. Does anyone know how long it takes for the school to make an admission decision? Thanks!

@ebsclsgs, I believe all admissions are rolling. This is a busy time of year for admissions offices, but I would think within a week or two.

It likely depends on how straightforward her transfer credits are. Did your daughter have 24 credit hours or is UA going to have to review her HS transcript? What was her GPA?

They say they accept anyone with a 2.0 if they have enough credit hours (24), but a high GPA (3.5+) in high school certainly expedites the process in regular admissions, so I would imagine it’s the same for transfer students.

Good luck to your daughter!

(Also, in the future, start a new thread if you have a question like this. You’re likely to get a quicker response, and it helps keep this thread focused on students in the Class of 2023.)

Student Gender: Female

Home State: Massachusetts

Date Applied: 1/7/19

Date Accepted: 1/20/19

Have you visited the campus?: No

Major: Pre-Law Studies

Applying to the Honors College?: No

Career goal(s): Lawyer

Any else you’d like to mention: Have not made final decision yet because I’m still waiting on other schools

accepted
Male
GPA 4.3W
SAT 1410
Bio
National Merit Finalist