UA's MIS program

<p>Hello. I just heard that UA’s MIS program is top 5 nationally on official web site. Because I am highly interested in business and technology, i think MIS is just for me. Also, as everyone knows, UA has much better program than Auburn. </p>

<p>My question is… I just saw usnews.com undergrad MIS program ranking and noticed that Georgia State is top 10 while UA is unranked. Also, I know that Georgia State University gives scholarship pretty easily due to low-average SAT/ACT score overall. I am thinking that if UA MIS program is known for top program, I will definitely choose UA. But, i cannot find any ranking on any website. </p>

<p>One more… is there any department scholarship, specifically MIS or business undergrad?? Because I hope I can get extra money for dormitory or other supplies. (I will get presidential which covers only tuition for four years as a result of my 1330 SAT score)
If you know about opportunity, honor program, MIS, and department scholarship, please let me know!!</p>

<p>Interested in this program as well. Son has some friends who are likely going to drop out of engineering due to failing grades in some important subjects for that field, like calculus, physics. However, as one of the reasons they chose Bama was because of not only the standard academic scholarship, but the engineering scholarship as well. I’m assuming if they drop out of engineering, they’ll lose the engineering scholarship, but they may be persuaded to stay at Bama with a different major, hopefully one where they’ll be more successful, if there are scholarships available in that program as well.</p>

<p>The UA business department has several scholarships for undergrads, so you may want to check out the Culverhouse site: [url=&lt;a href=“Home - The Culverhouse College of Business”&gt;Home - The Culverhouse College of Business]Scholarships[/url</a>].</p>

<p>GeniusTechnology: My son has a friend who is an MIS major. She loves it. She is part of the computer-based honors program (CBHP). She also works in the honors college. This summer, she will spend doing an internship with International Paper (and she just completed her second year at UA).</p>

<p>Montegut: If your son’s friends drop an engineering major, they will lose that scholarship. That said, they also could find several business majors to be quite challenging. Some of the majors require completion of the full calculus series (125,126, 227), linear algebra and differential equations – the same classes that engineering majors take.</p>

<p><a href=“I%20will%20get%20presidential%20which%20covers%20only%20tuition%20for%20four%20years%20as%20a%20result%20of%20my%201330%20SAT%20score”>I</a>
*</p>

<p>Are you instate?</p>

<p>*I’m assuming if they drop out of engineering, they’ll lose the engineering scholarship, but they may be persuaded to stay at Bama with a different major, hopefully one where they’ll be more successful, if there are scholarships available in that program as well. *</p>

<p>If your son’s friends have failing grades, I can’t imagine how they would get chosen for additional scholarships in the B-school. Those scholarships would be given to students with all A’s or close to it. There aren’t that many scholarships for “continuing students” so they don’t need to give them to students with D’s or F’s.</p>

<p>If they manage to keep their Presidential scholarships (or whatever they have), but only lose the engineering portion because of a change in major, then I don’t see the benefit of leaving Bama…they’d have to pay for tuition elsewhere. </p>

<p>As for the MIS ranking…I have no idea of the sources for the MIS ranking that Bama has on its website. I do know that Bama has an excellent MIS program. There is no way I would choose Georgia State over Bama. No way.</p>