UB can I change my term

Hey so I recently applied and got accepted to UB for the fall term, I’m in my gap year but now I’m thinking I want to start on Jan can I change my admission plan?

The only people who would know that would be the SUNY UB admissions committee. You need to contact them. No one on this website could give you the answer.

Now consider this, as we are in mid January:
You were accepted for the Fall term.
I’m assuming you were recently accepted?

This is a large NY university. They decide who gets in, when, where and how. You don’t change your incoming status, they do.

This is not a small school. They have winter session going on. For Spring term, they have thousands of students who have already scheduled their classes. Rooms have been assigned. Fees have been paid.
Plus, you are international. Do you have a Visa that allows you to freely travel to the US?
To get to the US, you need to go through the US Immigration Service. I don’t know if you are aware but the Immigration service does have a bit of a backlog.
Given these factors, do you really think UB is going to rush through their procedures to get you into their school in less than 2 weeks?

1 Like

Agree that the only people who can answer this definitively is UB Admissions.

Also agree that as an international student you need to be sure your Visa is in order for when you want to start college.

HOWEVER, I would suggest that you start in the fall. Fall semester is when the vast majority of freshmen will begin college – I expect things will be easier for your if you start then as well. Fall semester is when a huge group of freshmen will all be new to the college – all of these people will be looking to form friendships, getting used to navigating the campus, adjusting to the demands of college level work etc. If you start in the spring you may have a more difficult start to college life.

2 Likes