UB vs. Geneseo for pre-med

<p>Which one better prepares an applicant for medical school (keep in mind that I can get into the UB honors college, but am not sure if I can get into Geneseo's)</p>

<p>Both are excellant schools. I can tell you that Geneseo’s program is very challenging. Students spend many hours studying and studying and studying. My friends who graduated from Geneseo and then attended Med School felt that Geneseo prepared them well. </p>

<p>I think it will come down to which school you feel more comfortable at. I just have a preferance for Geneseo. There is just a great sense of community on that campus and the academics and focus on Undergraduate education is top rate.</p>

<p>I am currently majoring in biology with a pre-med concentration at Geneseo.</p>

<p>It is a lot hard work. I don’t have much of a social life Mon.-Fri because I’m either at class,a club meeting, the gym or studying (mostly studying). The classes are extremely difficult.</p>

<p>I do go out most Friday and Saturday nights…however, there are times when I feel like I need to stay in to get work done or to avoid a hang over the following morning so I can get an early start on studying/work. Actually, this weekend is one of those weekends.</p>

<p>Its all about managing your time correctly. If you aren’t one for partying, then you can probably have a better social life on the weekdays while sacrificing your weekends. However, if you are into partying then you MUST get your work done on the weekdays. And bust your ass to do so.</p>

<p>In my opinion, Geneseo will prepare you to work hard in med school, but that may cost you the price of a lower GPA. It is a hard a choice.Good luck.</p>

<p>geneseo better for pre-med
but buffalo has pharmacy program if you’re at all interested in that</p>