UBC Applications for Fall 2023

My son is looking forward to the UBC application opening, so that he can start working on the personal profile questions.

Does the application normally open early in October (we were hoping it would be open now!), or should we expect to wait a bit longer?

The web site states: “Degree program applications for the 2023/24 academic year will be available in October 2022.”

It’s open, my son has started the application

1 Like

Does anyone know the IB predicted grades cut off for Faculty of Arts for US IB Diploma applicants?

We just submitted transcripts to complete the application. Does anyone know how long they take to review?

I have no idea, sorry! My son’s application has been in “being reviewed” status for quite a while. I’m sure it can also depend on whether you are an international student (like my son) and which faculty you applied to (applied science in my son’s case).

Thanks. My son is a US IB diploma student applying to Arts. We just submitted IB predicted and transcripts. We are hoping for a fast turn around but that seems like wishful thinking! GL to your son.

We got the impression that it takes a few weeks just to process the transcripts (my son’s mid year grades were submitted earlier this month).

I don’t think international students are on the same admission timeline as Canada students, so it’s hard to predict when we will hear back. Also, US students are a minority in international admissions. When we visited UBC, it was interesting to us that the international admissions person we spoke to didn’t seem to know as much about the US school system as we expected, but then we looked up stats, and the lion’s share of UBC international students are from China: https://ubyssey.ca/news/ubc-enrolment-stats-202122/

Good luck to you too!

I notice we are in many same threads. Our children applied to similar colleges, I think. Is UBC your son’s first choice? I am worried because it is my son’s first choice and yet it will be the last decision that he will receive.

1 Like

UBC is one of my son’s favorites, but he will wait to make his final choice until he has all the decisions in hand.

I hope your son hears back soon!

My son was admitted today to UBC Applied Science, Vancouver.

Perhaps this means that international admissions are well underway, and hope that it is a good sign for the others on this thread, as well!!

3 Likes

Congrats to your son!!! Did he get an email or just check his portal?

Received an email, then the letter was on the portal.

If your son just had transcripts sent very recently, it might take a while longer, though. My son’s midterm grades were sent on January 17.

1 Like

Wow congratulations!!! So the decision is rolling, now we are hopeful to hear soon!

Beside mid term grade, what else that you need to send?

That seems to be all they wanted. But if they want something else to make a decision they should let you know.

1 Like

Some kids have received the admission decisions last week.

wondering if anyone has got into CS

Are you referring to transfer students?

As I understand it, freshman students aren’t admitted directly to CS. Students are admitted to Arts, Science, or Commerce, and then apply to secondary admission after they complete the first year in their chosen faculty. High School Students | Computer Science at UBC

Oh! I didn’t know that. But U of Toronto and Waterloo do give direct admissions to CS ? Right

At U of T, you enter the Faculty of Arts & Science and can be admitted in the “Computer Science admission category” but it’s not quite the same as a direct admit. Prospective Students — Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto

I don’t know a lot about Waterloo, but it looks like students are directly admitted to CS there. Applying and admissions | Cheriton School of Computer Science | University of Waterloo

Did you apply to any of these programs, or are you just curious?