UC 7th and 8th grade course question

Part of the UC application asks about 7th and 8th grade courses, why are they asking that? I don’t have my middle school transcript for the exact name of the course.
Do I need to send the UC my middle school transcript too?

If you took Algebra/Geometry or a language in middle school, then these courses will be counted towards the a-g course requirements since Algebra/Geometry and 2 years of a FL are requirements. Both son’s applied to UC’s and were never asked for a copy of their middle school transcript. Many schools will include your MS grades for the mentioned courses on their HS transcripts. If you can find a copy of your report cards, you can input your grades based on these. I would contact your HS counselor to make sure these grades will be available if needed.

Really? I mean if you took a high-school level course like Algebra 1 (for instance in 7th grade or 8th grade) or Geometry (in 8th grade) then it should be on your high school transcript since it’s an A-G requirement.

I don’t think you don’t have to add your Middle School transcript.

Thanks for the replies.
Ok so it asks 7th and 8th grade, I know in 8th grade I took Spanish 1, but in 7th grade i also took Spanish. Should just put in “Spanish” for 7th grade.