UC additional comments

<p>Does this explain enough for my 2 C grades?</p>

<p>“I want to bring to attention that as an immigrant and high school student I suffered from obstacles that sometimes knocked me down during my high school career. As much as I tried my best academically, I sometimes faltered - especially in maths. I want to make clear that I tried my best academically, and that my 2 lower C grades were do personal obstacles I faced transitioning and adjusting culturally, not negligence.”</p>

<p>All I want is an opinion.</p>

<p>I’m not a fan of explaining bad grades. I think an application should focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses.</p>

<p>That having been said, if there’s actually a reason why math was particularly difficult, you did NOT explain it in this statement. Why was math, rather than English or history, the subject that was the most difficult for you?</p>

<p>If there was a real reason why math was particularly difficult for you, then say so, briefly - in one or two sentences, at most. Even better would be to state (briefly) what the problem was, and then describe the steps you took to overcome it. For example:</p>

<p>In my home country, my math education was quite weak. As a result, when I arrived in the United States, my math grades suffered. I put in extra time, and arranged for tutoring sessions with my teacher, and, after a year, I was able to overcome these difficulties.</p>

<p>I am making this up, of course. My point is that you would do better to focus not on your difficulty, but on what you did to overcome that difficulty.</p>

<p>I fully agree with dodgersmom. I can’t see the explicit connection between bad math grades and being an immigrant.</p>

<p>Funnily enough, the example by dodgersmom was pretty close to what actually happened. I rewrote the statement with that kind of idea. </p>

<p>It can’t hurt to outline some difficulties, I just hope I don’t come off as annoying.</p>

<p>Thanks guys :)</p>