UC Admission Data by GPA?

Hey @Gumbymom, do you think you could help me with something really quick? A few months ago I stumbled on a website that listed 2019 UC admission rates by GPA and it had a blue line graph or something like that. I believe I found it either here or on Reddit but I spent awhile looking for it and I can’t find it through Google Search. You mentioned to me that some of the UC’s accept 80% of students with a 4.2 GPA or above, so I thought maybe that’s perhaps where you got the information. If not, would you mind sharing where you got the information and where I can find it? Thank you very much I really appreciate it

1 Like

not sure if this is what you’re looking for but I just found this today:

https://pages.github.berkeley.edu/OPA/our-berkeley/ug-admissions.html

Uh no I don’t think that was it. Thanks for the help though. It wasn’t for berkeley specifically I think it was for all the schools

@keslee88

Probably this?

yes! wow thank you

I put the UC Freshman admission summary into a more readable form but that is the information for 2020 in the above post. It is sorted by admit rate, HS GPA and for all applicants. You can break out the data for in-state vs. others (OOS/International) also.

2020 Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.00-3.39 capped weighted and not major specific:

UCB: 1%

UCLA: 1%

UCSD: 1%

UCSB: 2%

UCI: 1%

UCD: 7%

UCSC: 26%

UCR: 30%

UCM: 88%

2020 Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.40-3.79 capped weighted and not major specific:

UCB: 2%

UCLA: 1%

UCSD: 8%

UCSB: 9%

UCI: 9%

UCD: 17%

UCSC: 59%

UCR: 65%

UCM: 95%

2020 Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19 capped weighted and not major specific:

UCB: 14%

UCLA: 8%

UCSD: 39%

UCSB: 40%

UCD: 55%

UCI: 38%

UCSC: 82%

UCR: 90%

UCM: 97%

2020 Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 4.20 or above capped weighted and not major specific:

UCB: 37%

UCLA: 38%

UCSD: 78%

UCSB: 81%

UCD: 86%

UCI: 60%

UCSC: 92%

UCR: 97%

UCM: 98%

a bit more granularity on UC freshmen admits.

Yeah thanks I’ve seen that. I looked up my school lol