UC Admission Question

<p>How much do first semester senior grades really matter? I heard they do not get counted when calculating GPA (like freshman year), but do they still see it?</p>

<p>If you decide to attend one of the UCs, you have to send in your grade eventually.</p>

<p>they won't see them until you send your transcript in the summer (unless they request it from you during your senior year, which is not very likely). So, just make sure you get at least a 3.0 GPA for your senior year (3.0 semester GPA for UCLA and UCB i think) and C's or better.</p>

<p>Columbia_Student: I am only applying to UC's. I know they will see them, but I was told that I send my transcript near June AFTER I get accepted. My question is, will they still see them during the application process?</p>

<p>If you are selected to interview for Regent's Scholar, they'll see them earlier.</p>

<p>Kevin:</p>

<p>The only way campus admissions will see your senior transcript will be if they request them for "augmented review." In addition to the senior grades, they'll also request a rec or two. Augmented review is essentially for kids on the bubble, but is extremely rare.</p>