UC Admissions 2019: Predictions

What are your predictions for the University of California acceptance rates this March, 2019? Last I checked 2018 acceptance rates were as follows:
UCLA: 14.1%
UCB: 15.1%
UCI: 28.8%
UCSD: 30.2
UCSB: 32.3%
UCD: 41.2%
UCSC: 47.7
UCR: 50.9%
UCM:66.9%

Me personally, I believe that the UCs acceptance rate for 2019 will be:
UCLA: 12.1%
UCB: 13%
UCI: 25%
UCSD: 27%
UCSB: 29%
UCD: 38%
UCSC: 44.7%
UCR: 45.7%
UCM: 63%

I doubt it’s going to drop that hard, especially on all the universities. The biggest one imo that will change is UCR because of their increased ranking. Merced would probably be the same, possibly even UCSC. UCLA/UCB might stay or drop 1%. All the others, possibly a 1-2% drop but nothing drastic. More applicants every year but it shouldn’t warrant a huge percent difference.

UCI has a big drop last year due to its admissions yield assumption mistake from 2 years ago, I’m pretty sure. I’m guessing UCI will be back a bit over 30% this year. The schools that are maxed out on the OOS cap may also be slightly affected.

Not necessarily the case. UCSC went from 57% to 51% to 47.7%. UCR went from 66% to 56% to 50.9%. I agree with you that UCLA and UCB probably will not change drastically (although who knows? I know lots of people giving up on even bother g to apply to those schools because of their current admission standards). UCR does show the most potential for improvement lately due to all the schools strong press (two Nobel lauretes joined the faculty, largest rise in rank of any college in the nation, diverse UC, and largest giver of Pell grants). The other UCs will likely increase in difficulty, but my assumption that it will be around 3% decrease remains unchanged.

Not necessarily the case. UCSC went from 57% to 51% to 47.7%. UCR went from 66% to 56% to 50.9%. I agree with you that UCLA and UCB probably will not change drastically (although who knows? I know lots of people giving up on even bother g to apply to those schools because of their current admission standards). UCR does show the most potential for improvement lately due to all the schools strong press (two Nobel lauretes joined the faculty, largest rise in rank of any college in the nation, diverse UC, and largest giver of Pell grants). The other UCs will likely increase in difficulty, but my assumption that it will be around 3% decrease remains unchanged.

@Jkim20000…as a UCR alumnus, I completely agree that Riverside shows the most potential for improvement of all the UC’s. Also has the first new Medical School in California in 50 years as well as one of the only UC Schools that still maintains that “Personal Touch” even as the fastest growing UC location in a region that has the third highest growth in the NATION projected through year 2065. Will continue to move upward and onward!