UC Admissions

Which GPA do colleges look at? I meet the bare minimum GPA requirement, but which one do UCs look at?
9-12 weighted 3.022
10-12 weighted 2.971
I go to a concurrent enrollment high school, which is why my gpa is so low. i have a lot of extracurricular and volunteer work and am hoping to get into UCSB since their admissions are 50% academics and 50% extracurriculars. Do i even meet the minimum gpa requirement?

UC’s look at the UW UC GPA, the capped weighted UC GPA and fully weighted UC GPA. The capped weighted is the qualifying GPA to determine eligibility for 10-11th grades only.

Here is the calculator. https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/
For in-state CA applicants, you need a 3.0 however at this minimum your only possible chance at a UC is Merced. Average capped weighted UC GPA for admitted Freshman 2018 was 3.76 and that will be a tough admit at 3.0. No chance at UCSB if you qualify unless your a recruited athlete. EC’s do not make up for lower than an average stats. They enhance your application.

Freshman admit 2017
Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.00-3.39 capped weighted.

UCB: 1.1%
UCLA: 0.9%
UCSD: 0.9%
UCSB: 1.4%
UCI: 3.1%
UCD: 4.1%
UCSC: 14.3%
UCR: 22.9%
UCM: 56.7%

If a CA resident, I would be looking at the Cal states. If you are out of state, you need a 3.4 UC GPA capped weighted to apply.

UCSB application review criteria:

• SANTA BARBARA
  •   Very important: Academic GPA, Application essay, Rigor of secondary school record, Standardized test scores

•   Considered: Character/personal qualities, Class rank, Extracurricular activities, First generation college student, Level of applicant's interest, State residency, Talent/ability, Volunteer work, Work experience

•   Note: Eligibility established by high school GPA, course requirement, and SAT scores. Special consideration for disadvantaged students.

• Freshman Selection:
    College of Letters and Sciences: Choice of major is not considered in selection to the College of Letters and Science. The exceptions to this rule are dance and music performance majors. Both majors require applicants to complete an audition in late January or early February.
College of Engineering: Students are selected by major for all engineering  and computer science majors. Only applicants with a solid background in     advanced high school mathematics will be considered for admission to        engineering. This includes high grades in all math courses through grade 11     and enrollment in pre-calculus or higher in grade 12. A student not selected    for their first choice major will be reviewed for admission to an alternate         major outside of the College of Engineering if one was selected.

College of Creative Studies:
Applicants to the College of Creative Studies submit a supplementary        application in addition to the general UC Application, which is reviewed by     Creative Studies faculty. Students are selected within Creative Studies         majors only. Applicants not selected for Creative Studies will automatically    be considered for admission to the College of Letters and Science.

with a gpa around. 3.0, none of the UCs are likely to admit you, in state or out.

Most of the CSUs are probably open to you. Depending on your SAT/ACT, Sac State, Sonoma, SF, Channel Island, Humboldt and Monterey are all worth a look.