UC Admissions

<p>Does the University of California Admissions Officers look at first semester senior year grades prior to determining accetpance/rejection? Or do i just need to keep C and above grades?</p>

<p>The admissions decision doesn’t even take into account any of your senior year grades. You do have to maintain all Cs AND a 3.0 GPA senior year though.</p>

<p>Not even first semester at all?!
wow, SWEET.
thanks.</p>

<p>For berkeley and ucla, it’s a 3.0 GPA unweighted, don’t make the same mistake I did. I don’t know about the other schools.</p>

<p>Your senior grades can also help if you don’t get in the first pass and want to appeal. Granted, successful appeals are few at the top UCs.</p>

<p>How do you appeal to a college?</p>

<p>Since most UCs are on a point system, an appeal only works if there is something that you omitted in your application that would have earned you the necessary points to surpass the threshold. If you are just appealing because you really really want to go to the school but have no new information, the appeal is rejected.</p>

<p>Some UC’s (UCLA, UCA, and UCSD that I know of) sometimes request 1st semester grades now if you are a borderline applicant. It will be in the form of a supplemental application.</p>

<p>^^It’s called “Augmented Review,” but it is rare. A campus may request senior grades and recs if you are on the bubble – essentially, they are looking for more reasons to admit you.</p>