UC app--intentionally left blank

<p>I intentionally left the Social Security Number blank for my apps. I received a letter stating that they have my application but because I left that section blank, it will take longer to receive acceptances etc. I thought that this was optional??</p>

<p>How did you get through the UC App without your SSN? If you don't have that, wouldn't it put you in an international pool or something.</p>

<p>no because I clearly remember it saying optional -- I even said to my mom that that seemed strange but it said optional.</p>

<p>the only thing optional was the CASSID, not SSN</p>

<p>u probably read the wrong thing</p>

<p>Why don't you call or email and see if you can add it to your application?</p>

<p>The UC central processing center should be sending you’re a confirmation letter 3-5 weeks after your submitted your application. On this letter you should have a warning that your SNN was not received and will provide instructions on how to correct it; all international applicants will receive this warning since they do not have a SSN. You will want to provide it to make sure financial aid and scholarship information can be reported correctly.</p>

<p>uhoh... mine is blank too
only reason it would be blank is because it WAS optional and i forgot to go back to it...</p>

<p>Would this affect my chances in any way?</p>

<p>no
I know it is optional because I called the hotline and they said it was completely optional</p>

<p>but filled it out anyway
you can still do that</p>

<p>I don't think it states optional. DD was under strick direction not to fill out any SS that the application stated optional. I just checked the printed copy of her application and it was there and that must mean it must not be optional. I think if you call them and ask them then they may say something different but it was not optional on the application.
She also just received confirmation in the mail that all the UCs received her application.</p>

<p>wait this year i left mine blank too? …should i send in a letter?</p>