Uc app mistakes :(

Hello! So as you can probably see by the title I’ve realized some of my mistakes on the UC app. first one is for senior courses, i’ve written IP (in progress) for all of them, but i realized later that i should’ve written PL (planned) for second semester instead. is this a big enough issue to email the admissions about? I do have to email them i think however, I mixed up the Art classes i took in sophomore and junior year. it’s actually the same class, but the name is different based on the AP portfolio we choose to do. this shouldn’t be to big of an issue either, right (i’m not sure)? should i mention both or one of these things on my email to the admissions? I’d appreciate any thoughts on my situation!

I would definitely say that the second issue (regarding your Art classes) is definitely something to email the UC app about, because they give those kinds of things significantly higher consideration than many non-UC schools. However, it’s up to you if you want to email them about the first issue - I wouldn’t expect it to be that big of a deal, and they will most likely know what you meant. Since you’re going to email them anyway about the Art issue, I would recommend mentioning the IP/PL problem as well, as a side note.

1 Like

The In-progress vs. planned is not a major issue. I agree that you should send a correction regarding the Art course mix up. Keep any documentation you receive back in your file just in case.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Hello, thank you for your response. I just called the admissions number and they told me that I “might” be able to make the change when I create a UC portal. So until then, should I not resort to emailing them further about my situation until then? Sorry for all the questions, I appreciate your help

If the student portals allow you to make the correction, then I would make the correction there. If not, then emailing UC admissions would be the correct action. Just an FYI, all UC campuses are independent meaning that you will notified at different times to setup each schools student portal. This can take anywhere from a few days to a few months.

1 Like

@Gumbymom Thank you so much. Could I ask one last question? I originally reported some courses as Non-honors, but then emailed for corrections to make them honors since the courses are considered honors at my school. However, i realized that the UCs have their own designated uc approved courses. Now, I’m not too sure of whether to email them or not again because I they might not be “uc approved”. I called admissions and they said if I’m a student in CA it should be fine, but I still have my paranoia to make sure my application isn’t denied/rescinded or anything. Do UCs use the correction email i sent during the admissions process? :frowning: Thank you so much!!! and sorry for the amount of questions

You can lookup which courses are UC approved Honors courses using this link:

I would wait until you setup all your UC student portals and then make any corrections if needed. If you are a CA HS student, then UC admissions is familiar with what courses are UC approved and will review your application accordingly.