Uc app server?

<p>so is it fosho extended??</p>

<p>does anyone know the hotline number for this???</p>

<p>1-800-914-8820</p>

<p>where did you guys hear about it being extended?</p>

<p>anyways, good luck to you all. i hope every single one of you get to submit.</p>

<p>This service is currently unavailable; this page is being displayed by a fallback server.</p>

<p>Please try again later.</p>

<p>If you see this page when you return, check to make sure the service is still unavailable by refreshing the page.</p>

<p>For further information contact the Help Desk.</p>

<p>Where did you guys get that it would be extended until Dec. 1?</p>

<p>idk, two of my friends tweeted me</p>

<p>is the deadline extended or not??!</p>

<p>Thanks Lesa, I just finished applying for San Diego State. It took 9 minutes. Haha!</p>

<p>YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY.</p>

<p>I FINALLY SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION! It literally took me since 7 PM to submit everything.</p>

<p>HELL</p>

<p>YEAHH</p>

<p>SONNNNN.</p>

<p>i’d say no because this always happens and what would make them want to extend it just now? just keep trying and be patient. don’t give up! if the clock hits 12am, see if you CAN submit anyways.</p>

<p>I can’t believe I’ve been trying to get my UC application done since 5:27 this afternoon and am still not done, yet can complete a San State application in 9 minutes AND both schools have the same deadline.</p>

<p>@misteranonymou: Your happiness only depresses me further. Congrats, though.</p>

<p>MINE SUBMITTED!!!
5 hours of refreshing
THANKGODDD.</p>

<p>goodluck to everyone else =)</p>

<p>yeah it took me a couple hours last night to finally do it. you should have done it at 3am this morning! my friends did, they had no problems (:</p>

<p>It seems that the server is down for real now.</p>

<p>It’s 10:57 PM PST. Here is the message I get:</p>

<p>"
Closed for system maintenance</p>

<p>This service is currently unavailable; this page is being displayed by a fallback server.</p>

<p>Please try again later.</p>

<p>If you see this page when you return, check to make sure the service is still unavailable by refreshing the page.</p>

<p>For further information contact the Help Desk."</p>

<p>Guys, have faith. It literally took me an hour just to get to the billing information. I used multiple computers, asked friends to help me submit, and different web browsers. If you use mozilla and you time out, HIT TRY AGAIN, DO NOT TRY TO LOGIN AND START OVER BECAUSE IT’S A WASTE OF TIME. </p>

<p>Good Luck to you all, guys. I hope you guys all submit your applications online! I also hope that the deadline gets extended.</p>

<p>In past years did they extend the deadline?</p>

<p>Everybody here… please give up now :wink:
I’ll let you know when I get mine in after y’all log off</p>

<p>How is anyone getting anywhere? All I have to do is submit and everytime it lets me log in, it logs me out the second I hit the submit button.</p>