Uc app server?

<p>The server itself is still up, so it’s probably the software that’s getting overloaded.</p>

<p>Pinging brannan.ucop.edu [128.48.101.72] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 128.48.101.72: bytes=32 time=36ms TTL=50
Reply from 128.48.101.72: bytes=32 time=35ms TTL=50</p>

<p>Ping statistics for 128.48.101.72:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 35ms, Maximum = 36ms, Average = 35ms</p>

<p>Well, I’ll be up until four in the morning when everyone else leaves, I guess.</p>

<p>****. All I need to do are my grades and my extra curriculars!</p>

<p>maybe we should starve off it or a while, and let the server recover. try again in many hours time…
btw @retrospectively i love your username!</p>

<p>I can’t even log on.</p>

<p>What happens after part 8? is there a billing portion?</p>

<h2>^ Me neither. I get:</h2>

<p>The connection has timed out</p>

<h2>The server at admissions.ucop.edu is taking too long to respond.</h2>

<p>can we all just try and stay off the website
so trafficll start flowing a bit…for lets say 10 minutes? DONT CHEAT! idk …mabye thatll work???</p>

<p>Ya there is a portion where you put in your credit card info, expiration date, etc etc.</p>

<p>so after part 8, hit submit, and we’re in right? i’m trying to strategize so i can get this done as soon as possible if the server gets back up.
Is there billing?</p>

<p>@icywave : )</p>

<p>How do we know if we qualify for a waiver? I’m barely in step 7.</p>

<p>God! That’ll take forever. Everyone do a word doc with the info ready to cut and paste.</p>

<p>ughh we should all honestly just divide up time slots instead of everyone trying to get on right now. it’s a good thing all i had to do was submit before it logged me out. good luck to everyone else!</p>

<p>@jaykakxl - I also did a ping lol. I found that i didn’t lose packets either so I am really confused…</p>

<p>lol this sucks</p>

<p>Aesthetic:
I thought you had to fill out a separate form for the waiver. Let me pull up information from the website…</p>

<p>All Applicants: Qualified students may obtain a UC fee waiver authorization at a UC campus Admissions, Relations with Schools or Educational Opportunity Program office. When requesting a fee waiver authorization, be prepared to answer questions about your family’s gross income and size.</p>

<p>If you are unable to obtain a UC fee waiver authorization due to time constraints, you may attach a letter to your application for admission stating your gross family income and the number of family members supported by that income, and requesting consideration for an application fee waiver. </p>

<p>Resolutely:
Thanks! Same to you!</p>

<p>Do you a think an effort of a mere 10 or so people will help with possibly 200-300 applicants all trying to apply right now?</p>

<p>For everyone that is trying to lay off and let the server recover : You guys represent only a fraction of people that are trying to access the server. It would be insignificant.</p>

<p>Anybody know the parts of the application? So we can work on it while waiting for the server.</p>