UC Application Additional Comments for Activities? + Full/Quarter Terms?

Hi! I was wondering if it is okay to use the Additional Comments box (the one in the personal insight section) to elaborate on a single activity? I did that for my common app, but I’m not sure if I should do that for the UC application? I can’t really do my EC justice with just 160 characters and since it’s like the hook of my application I don’t want to sell it short.

Also, I’m kind of confused on whether or not I should put full or quarter terms for my high school grades. Technically my school uses a quarter system since we get report cards once per quarter, but only the single final cumulative year grade really matters and is used on our transcripts. Also, are we not supposed to send official transcripts to the UC’s at all unless we actually enroll?

Thank you!

Regarding grades, self-report what is on the transcript since this is what your application will be compared to after you enroll.
Yes, you only send transcripts to the school after you enroll.
If you want to elaborate about an EC in the additional comment section that should be fine but an EC cannot be hook. It could however make you stand out from the rest of the applicants.

Ah okay, thank you!

If your EC is your hook, can you incorporate it into one of your Personal Insight questions? Maybe question #8.