UC application mistake

Hello, I’ve submitted my apps a couple of days ago and I realized about a day later that for my senior year which is currently ongoing, I forgot to mark my US Government Honors class as only 1 semester and forgot to include my Economics Honors class as my second semester class. While I did mark the class as in progress, I marked it for 2 semesters instead of one and forgot about my Econ Honors class which is planned for my second semester.

I have already emailed UC admissions about the mistake and have gotten instructions about changing the mistake on several of the UCs that I am applying to (UCSC, Davis, etc.). However, I know that Berkeley and UCSB don’t accept changes post-submission, so I wanted to know if there were any way to contact those campuses to inform them of said mistake, even if I cannot change it. Since they may look at my transcripts later on in the year, I just wanted to know if there is a way to let them know. Is this a bad mistake and will it affect my chances, and is there anything else I should do/know of?

I apologize if this may have been answered already, but I just need some answers. Thanks for your time!

1 Like

I would email admissions at UCB and UCSB regarding the mistake so at least they have the information.

https://admissions.sa.ucsb.edu/contact-us

Alright, thank you so much!

Sorry, but I forgot to ask something! Is this as bad of a mistake as I think it might be? I’m still worried about how this may affect my application in any way.

this really doesn’t seem like a big deal to me. the mistake is that your 2nd semester will say US Gov honors instead of Econ Honors? I don’t see what they would care. it doesn’t affect rigor or GPA or requirements and doesn’t seem like something that would have been done intentionally for any admissions advantage. it’s a totally victimless crime. I wouldn’t stress over it. I’m not even sure I would have pointed it out, honestly.

A bad mistake would be misrepresenting your grades such as reporting A’s when the were actually C’s.

It is a common mistake especially 1 semester classes. Classes taken Senior year are not used in the UC GPA calculation but they are reviewed to determine if you meet the a-g course requirements and continuation of rigor.

Fix what you can and hope for the best.

Alright, thank you guys for the reassurance! Was just wanting some answers to my worries and this helped out a lot. Thanks!

1 Like