UC application - out of state

<p>i’m just glancing at the application…</p>

<p>i’m confused about the part where you list your courses.
will they know in no way that i took honors courses, since it’s not UC-approved “HL” or whatever? or would i write honors in the course title?
and i have block scheduling… a one year class is one semester… do i only fill my grades in for that one semester? it’s confusing me; my school doesn’t offer the grades from each half of the course, just the final grade.</p>

<p>…?</p>

<p>I believe I remember there being an option to select whether a class was given a semester grade, or a single grade for the whole year.
In other words, you select the appropriate checkmark, and then enter the grade, and voila, done.</p>

<p>how would i mark the difference between a .5 credit course and a full credit course? i emailed and admissions rep but they were basically like 'my job isn't to tell people how to fill out the application'</p>

<p>at my school, a class like say, english, would go for the whole first semester and be done, one grade.
a class like say, photography, would go from the beginning of the year until around november.
for each of these, i would mark my grade in the 'first semester' box. but how do they know that one is worth twice as much credit as the other?</p>

<p>IIo124,</p>

<p>I'm sorry the adviser you contacted wasn't much help but, it is difficult for us to provide instruction on an application we don't have access to complete ourselves. We are only trained to review a completed application. However, the adviser should have recommended you wait until October when the online application is available to see if it will become clear on how to submit your coursework. There is also an application help desk number that becomes available that you can try to contact for additional help. I'm not 100% positive but, I think there is a way to select a mixed term school. This makes it clear that your school has some block type coureses (1 semster - one year) and some regular coureses (2 semesters = 1 year).</p>

<p>yes, the app does have a spot to check if you are on the block schedule. </p>

<p>Generally, half-credit classes like health don't matter, and are not included on the app since they are not a-g. UC is particular about fulfilling ALL a-g requirements for minimum admissions eligibility (yes, you can qualify on test scores alone, but that doesn't appear strenghthen your app as much as completing losta a-g courses), and that means a full-year course in Visual and Performing Arts ("VAPA"). Dunno if your photog class would qualify, but if it does, it must be for a full year.</p>

<p>IMO, the UCs are not a great value for OOS students. If you want the 'Calif experience', its better to check out Calif privates, which cost the same for OOS.</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>