Uc application question

<p>I am at the part where it says “Activities and Awards”. </p>

<p>I have been attending an Islamic Sunday School for many years. Some things we do are studying the history of islam and interpreting and memorizing the quran. It is like a real class, we get tests and grades. So should I put that under “Coursework other than A-G” or “extracurricular Activities”??</p>

<p>Coursework is for the things you do in regular school that will be on your transcripts. Put it as an extracurricular class.</p>

<p>I’m with BrownParent. It sounds like this is an actual class.</p>

<p>I think it could go in the Course work Other than A-G section if you have too many ECs already.</p>

<p>UC folks say, this Course work other than A-G section meant to evaluate what you have done to improve [broaden] your knowledge on your intended major or for preparing for college.
If you are going to do a minor/major in social science, it really makes sense to include the classes you had taken through your Sunday School. Instead Sunday school, you could say the organization name and specifics to differentiate from regular Sunday School.</p>

<p>@BrownParent the “Coursework other than A-G” is for courses that you have taken that did not count as academic ones at school. That is what it says on the app. So I think I’ll do coursework? Maybe. </p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>Yes I am probably going to do Psychology, which is a social science. Ok then, thank you very much!</p>

<p>Your Sunday School is an extracurricular.</p>

<p>The course-work other than A-G is meant for academic classes which will appear on your official transcript but do not fit into the other categories. Though religious studies courses DO go in this section if they are offered as part of your high school curriculum and WILL appear on your transcript, your courses have been taken outside your high school studies.</p>

<p>If your application is successful you will submit your official high school transcripts. There will be a discrepancy that will raise a red flag if you have entered coursework that does not appear on your transcript.</p>

<p>From <a href=“http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/how-to-apply/files/presenting-yourself-uc-application-freshman.pdf[/url]”>http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/how-to-apply/files/presenting-yourself-uc-application-freshman.pdf&lt;/a&gt;

</p>

<p>As the instructions indicate, you should not put something in the course work section that cannot later be verified by an official transcript because what will happen in June after being admitted and submitting a final transcript is that the computer will show incomplete verification of your course record and you will spend a month rectifying and explaining the issue while dealing with a threat of having your admission rescinded…</p>

<p>Splendachan,
Please don’t dwleve on this as you have only a few days to complete your application.
If you decide to include the classes that you had taken, please make sure to have a transcript from your organization.
Be honest about what you write and have documents to back them up.
Good Luck with your application.</p>

<p>Thank you so much for everyone’s help! I’ll put it in EC then!</p>