UC Application Question

Hello,

I moved schools after my sophomore year, and at my old school, there were two designations for 9th/10th grade English courses: For 9th, there was English 1 and English 1A, and for 10th, there were English 2 and English 2A. I took both 1A and 2A, courses which are more advanced than the regulars. However, neither are considered honors courses by the UC course catalogs.
When I moved to my new school, the counseling office gave me credit on my transcript for English 1 and 2, since the new school only offered English 1, English 1 Honors, English 2, and English 2 Honors, and no equivalent to 1A or 2A.
Seeing how I was not given credit on my transcript for my (slightly-more) advanced coursework in my first two years in high school, I emailed the registrar at my old school and asked her if there was anything she could do about this. Two days later, I received an unofficial copy of my transcript from my new school and saw that the courses had been changed to English 1 Honors and English 2 Honors, two weighted courses that I did not actually take.
Applying to UCs, I saw that the course catalog for my old school only included 1A and 2A, so I selected those. However, on my transcript it says I have taken honors classes both years, and those classes were reflected in my GPA and class rank.
Do I have to explain what happened to the UCs, and why my transcript is giving me credit for two courses that weren’t even offered at the school I was at? I do not know what to do, as I’ve heard of people being rescinded over these types of errors. Should I worry too much about it, or will and UC just understand that the situation is a misunderstanding?

If you matriculate, you will send transcripts from both high schools, so they should be able to match them with your self reported courses for each high school.

You can ask directly if that is a concern.

The HS’s can designate any of their courses as “Honors” on their transcript, but if they are not UC approved Honors, then the classes are not weighted. My son’s HS has Honors English for 10th grade and is labeled as such on the transcript but not UC approved so not weighted for the UC GPA calculation. I would not worry about it as @ucbalumunus stated that they will match the courses up with the final transcripts.