UC Application Question

I saw that some UC schools of engineering recommend a science subject test, so I took it and got a 610 on the Biology E (ouch). I was wondering if I should just live with it and submit the score anyways?

What is your Math II score since this is also recommended for Engineering majors at the UC’s?

I got a 710, and I’m submitting that score.

I think you are better off sending just the Math score only. The Biology score does not help you and not all UC’s expect a Science score for Engineering.

I’m applying to computer science, so should I submit it if they’re expecting it?

I think that it will hurt more than help. If you do not submit, admissions will think you either did poorly or did not take a Science subject test. If you send it, it will confirm you did not do well. UC’s recommend the subject tests but are not required. Which UC’s are you applying and what is your SAT/ACT scores?

I’m applying to all the UC’s (hoping to get into UCSB school of engineering) and I have a 1440 on the SAT.

UCSB only recommends Math 2 so just send that score.

From UC website:

[quote]
Santa Barbara-
College of Engineering: Math Level 2

Edit: I just got an email from a UCSB admissions officer:

Thank you for your interest in UC Santa Barbara’s College of Engineering! The only Subject Test that the College of Engineering is looking for (though it is not required) is Math Level 2. If you apply to that college and you have taken Math Level 2, your score will be used in determining eligibility. Apart from that, UCSB as a whole does not require any Subject Tests and only uses the scores to benefit applicants.

So it won’t hurt my chances! :smiley: