UC Application Score Reporting?

Hi all!
I have taken the ACT three times but only took the writing portion once. However, my highest grade on my ACT was one where I did not take the writing portion (it was much higher). Since the UC application only allows you to report one ACT score report, do I have to report the one sitting I took the essay, even though I scored much higher on a later sitting where I did not take the essay? And will they still consider my higher report if I send it and do not report it directly on the UC app? Thank you!

UC’s do not consider ACT or SAT scores without Writing/Essay so you will report the ACT with writing.

No, the UC’s will not consider your other scores.

From the UC website:

[quote]
All prospective freshmen must submit scores from either the ACT with Writing or SAT with Essay.

Don’t you have to submit all your scores anyway?

@nimood: UC’s recommend you submit all scores but they will only consider the highest score with Essay/Writing from a single sitting. You are not required to send all scores and in OP’s case no point in paying extra for scores to be sent that will not considered.

@heytheredelilah – Its $13 to send your highest ACT. My student’s school counselor recommends sending the highest score in addition, even if it was without writing, especially if you are applying to a program that requires supplemental materials which will be reviewed by a dept. outside admissions. I’d say it’s worth gambling $13.