UC Berkeley admission rescind!?!?

<p>I Thought I would share something I am going through with UC Berkeley at the moment;</p>

<p>Okay, so I was admitted to UC Berkeley as a transfer student for Fall of 2008 from a California Community College. Because of my own personal negligence and lack of resourceful thinking, I thought 1 year of high school language was acceptable for IGETC certification. Therefore, on my UCB application, I informed them that I would be IGETC certified. I did, however, tell them that I had only taken 1 year of a language in high school so my grades and classes were 100% accurate on the application. So when I went to get IGETC certified yesterday, I was denied by my CCC because I had not taken one course of Elementary Spanish in college. I called Berkeley to inform them of this information, and I requested that I take it during the summer before I matriculate. They said in all probability, my admissions would be revoked!!!</p>

<p>The summer Spanish class ends in late June so I would still be certified long before attending, however, they cannot seem to overlook this technicality. I was admitted as a Molecular and Cell Biology Major with many major pre-reqs, yet elementary spanish 1 is going to hinder my future.</p>

<p>Also, I had to email my admissions officer informing her of this situation and my alternatives, however, she did not sound confident.</p>

<p>Has anyone experienced a similar situation that could possibly offer advice?</p>

<p>Does anyone else agree that this is ridiculous??</p>

<p>Thank you for your time.</p>

<p>I am so sorry and yes I agree this does seem ridiculous. Let them know that everything was clearly on your application. Good luck and don't give up.</p>

<p>Sounds pretty dumb. You probably should have double checked everything before now and met with an advisor at some point to make sure you completed your required courses. However I'll agree with collegemom, Berkeley should not rescind on the basis of a technicality... especially since you can complete the stupid course during the summer before you attend. Good luck!</p>