UC Berkeley Applicant Survey?

<p>I got this email from Ralph Serrano, the Director of Admissions, it reads:</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>What is this for? The survey asks me what my top choices are, when I applied and a bunch of other stuff. I feels as though this IS going to have an effect on their admissions decision.</p>

<p>I just got this in the mail today as well. I was checking my smartphone…I see the title and I flip out, thinking I got the supplemental review. Turns out it was this!</p>

<p>I just took it. It’s just a survey, it has nothing to do with the admissions process.</p>

<p>got one also</p>

<p>I answered it this morning.</p>

<p>hahah i really hope it doesn’t affect admissions because i answered it honestly
i didn’t even put uc berkeley in my top 5 choices

1. upenn wharton
  2. mit
  3. yale
    etc…</p>

<p>also indicated that the biggest reason i was applying is my family, which is true…</p>

<p>I got one. I don’t think it will affect admission, probably for statistical study.</p>

<p>Definitely not the supplemental questionnaire</p>

<p>I got one too and I was wondering about the same thing… I find it kind of strange that they are doing a survey like this because none of my other colleges have asked me about my whole college list. It feels unsafe to tell them, in case it does affect my app, so I’m thinking I probably won’t respond to the survey.</p>