UC Berkeley ATDP - Is it worth it? Selectivity?

I was accepted to the UC Berkeley ATDP program, but I cannot find anything online about its selectivity or prestige. Most of what I see online is from ATDP itself. My friend’s college counselor told her about it - is this program worth it?

(I applied for the advanced biotechnology online course, for the secondary division)

My kids have done ATDP every year, but we live in the area so it’s convenient. The classes and teachers have all been good. The kids learn stuff. My son did a biotechnology course one year and it was very hands on, and he learned a lot in the lab (more than I had learned in a similar college course). I am not sure whether an online version would be as good. My kids only did the online classes when there was no other option.

As far as whether it’s prestigious, I wouldn’t do it for that reason alone. The classes can be time consuming, so why spend your summer on it unless you actually want to learn the stuff? There are probably plenty more prestigious programs out there, but I don’t really know… not sure how I would be able to tell :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your response, appreciate it!

Yep - I’m doing it to learn about biotech :slight_smile: not just for prestige

Just wanted to make sure ATDP isn’t the type of program that accepts all applicants and that it’s worth the money. Thank you, appreciate your feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like