*UC Berkeley Class of 2025 discussion**

Yup.

Guys Iā€™m soo confused, UCB is one of the only universities in US that I applied, but Iā€™m not sure of the decision I got. If thereā€™s someone who got waitlisted can they plz share an SS of the letter or something. I would be really grateful

@Suarev9 Itā€™s pretty explicit, if you got in then there woulda been confetti flying in on your screen, if waitlisted, then the word ā€œspace limitationā€ is mentioned in the first paragraph.

does anyone know the acceptance rate (or an estimation) for berkeley this year?

At a rough guess (yeah, just a guess), Iā€™d say itā€™s around 14.0% (plus or minus 0.5%) since the freshman applications is 112K+.

Do you live in a wealthy or moderately well-off zip code?

Wow, good for you! My son is rejected by both but accepted by UCSD.

2 Likes

S21 got accepted. Thatā€™s 3 for 3 on the public schools (Cal, UCLA and Michigan).

Our school did very well with Berkeley applications. 4 kids got in out of a class of 45. Then again those 4 are all near the top of their class with great credential.

I also got accepted in UCSD and UCSC

For OOS people like me, does Cal mean Cal State in Sacramento? Or Cal Tech? Thx!

Congratulations!

CAL = UCB

Cal State = Cal State Long Beach, SDSU, SLO, etc

1 Like

Accepted to UCB oos, waitlisted at UCSB, accepted to UCSD, and rejected from UCLA. Surprised i got into Cal.

3 Likes

accepted UCI, UCR (52k merit scholarship), UCSD, UCD, UC Berkeley
waitlisted UCLA and UCSB
intl w 4.4ish UC gpa

@midwestmum Cal = Berkeley. They own that name, rightfully so.

1 Like

Does anyone have an estimate of what the Cal acceptance rate was this year?

Now that decisions are out, what was the concensus on the source code/portal conspiracy theory? Feel like we should document this so that group moderator doesnā€™t have to deal with this every year! I think Iā€™m going to include what my son saw in the stat recap.

Mills College announced it was closing. This is actually a great way to leverage existing physical space. https://news.berkeley.edu/2021/03/25/berkeley-launches-one-year-residential-program-at-mills-college/

3 Likes

Son rejected. That does it for the UCā€™s. Last one USC but not holding our breath. Results so far:

Accepted: UCSC, UCR, Cal Poly SLO, CPP, CSULB, CSUF, University of Santa Clara, Loyola Marymount, ASU. Florida State, Ohio state

Waitlisted:UCD, SDSU

Rejected: UCLA, UCB, UCSB, UCI

1 Like

D21 Waitlisted Letters & Science (had #2 indication so portal astrology was accurate)
4.05 UCW/4.40 UC fully weighted

Accepted: Indiana U (Honors; Media School), U Wisconsin, U Oregon (Honors), U Maryland (College Park Scholar; Merrill), LMU, Loyola Chicago, Fordham (Honors), Syracuse (Newhouse), Cal Poly SLO, SDSU, Northeastern

Waitlisted: UCSB, UCB

Rejected: UCLA

Waiting: Northwestern, BU, NYU, USC

1 Like

I think it was 100% accurate. Unauthorized got rejected. The further consideration was waitlist and I will not be attending was accepted

7 Likes